Forums Latest Members
  1. albertob Apr 16, 2016

Hello everyone,

I am considering buying a second watch to wear everyday.
    I was thinking about a diver from ORIS or Certina.

I found already a discussion about ORIS reputation and pros/cons. My conclusion is that they are somehow over priced for what you get.

I would like, therefore, to ask you what you think about Certina: reputation, pros/cons.

I am considering the

19971_c0134071105100_ULP-199855 (11)_3.jpg
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 16, 2016

Nothing wrong with Certina. Make a great diver.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

3. meganfox17 Apr 16, 2016

@STANDY knows his Certinas ! A Beauty & Classic ! I just hope @albertob likes the DS-3 the way i do because it 's a heavy chunky watch ~250 g i think
    I have no issues with entry level Swiss watches like Certina Tissot Oris & Mido that all fall under the Swatch group

Personally The Real Deal in Certinas are the Big Bad Kick Ass models of Higher Depth Ratings watches > / =1000 m
    ( Doxa is another example. My favourites are any Doxa Sub esp Mission 31 Sub Pro.It has that Old School Vibe funky Sunkist orange dial i kid you not titanium kickass casing !

@albertob is that a DS Action Diver ? I like it... but @STANDY DS3 is the Best !

Miss_Bourginskay and STANDY like this.
  4. wsfarrell Apr 16, 2016

I would have pulled the trigger on one several times except for the date at 4:30. Drives me crazy.

5. albertob Apr 17, 2016

@meganfox17 I was thinking about the Diver Action Automatic http://www.certina.com/watch/ds-action-diver-automatic/C0134071105100

I already have a bulky diver at home and I was considering to buy something different like this one. It recalls a bit the Submariner, but in price there is a different gap.

I read online that the ratio Quality/price for certinas is definitely great, so I wanted to have some hints ;-)

@STANDY amazing pics!

6. meganfox17 Apr 17, 2016

Alrite @albertob.
    Most important is your happiness of owning one ! Go For It !!!
    I have absolutely No Issues with Certinas. They are Well Built to Last at a fraction of the price

Ok.Here's my long term proposal for You . Get this Holy Grail for your collection if you like vintage Supercompressor divers. I dont have it & will probably never own one .I only have a poster of it in my Room
    [​IMG]

Edited Apr 17, 2016
    Miss_Bourginskay likes this.
  7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 17, 2016

@albertob nothing wrong with Certina as a diver as you notice they are iso rated

Similar range if your not after a bulky diver is Alpina

image.jpeg image.jpeg

meganfox17 likes this.