Forums Latest Members

SOLD Certina Kurth Freres vintage manual wind

1. rhetoric Feb 12, 2017

01.jpg
    Using the robust Cal 28-10 17 jewel in-house movement, this Swiss-made watch features an immaculate dial with raised golden Arabic numerals as well as subsidiary seconds. The combination of a plain dial, Arabic numerals and straight hands results in an elegant vintage look. The case is 34mm diameter ex crown, and seems larger because of the minimalist bezel. The case has a thickness of only 9mm, which contributes to its’ pleasant comfortable feel on the wrist. The case has been re-chromed, according to my watchmaker, and has a stainless rear cover. The movement winds easily and keeps excellent time. The previous owner said that the watch had been serviced, and although I believe that to be true, I have no documentation to that effect. I’m unsure as to the originality of the crown. It may have been replaced at service. Many parts are still available new for this movement. The watch comes with a vintage-appropriate watchband, (perhaps original) as well as a Certina hangtag. It has proven difficult to assess the age of the watch, but it was probably produced between 1955 and 1965. Certina became the flagship brand of Kurth Freres, movement manufacturers, established in 1888, and the brand has continued to the present day.
    02.jpg 03.JPG 04.JPG 05.JPG 06.jpg 07.JPG
    Price $AUD220 which translates to only about $USD170 Shipping from Australia at the buyer’s cost. I accept PayPal and will absorb seller fees. I have sold half a dozen watches on this Forum and my reviews are excellent. Please check.

Photos are a combination of my own and the previous owner’s.

Foo2rama likes this.
  2. rhetoric Feb 13, 2017

Sold to a Forum member. Thanks OF for the space and opportunity.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 13, 2017

Excellent buy.
    I was so tempted, it's a beautiful watch with a great movement.
    I'm glad I held out, it'll mean peace and quiet in the house tonight :D.

rhetoric likes this.
  4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 13, 2017

Bummed I missed this!

rhetoric likes this.