Forums Latest Members
  1. Starman71 Feb 5, 2018

When I first got my Speedmaster GSOTM with deployment clasp, I quickly swapped out the band for a NATO. A few days ago I went back to the stack band with ceramic clasp and found that when adjusted comfortably, the clasp is cutting into my wrist. I’ve taken it out a notch, but now the watch flops around too much. Not sure what can be done... thoughts? Anyone experience this problem?
    3E4AB28D-76F8-42C8-BD8A-663923BF70A4.jpeg

2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Feb 5, 2018

I’ve had a similar issue with a Rolex bracelet. What I did was reverse the bracelet, so that the clasp was in the opposite direction. Took a little getting used to but it no longer dug into my wrist.

btw, it’s deployant :thumbsup:

3. Starman71 Feb 5, 2018

Thanks @blufinz52! I tried that out but in that position the deployant is between my wrist and keyboard. I imagine that Omega doesn’t have a large user base for doing useability testing with watches in this price range. There are some pretty sharp edges. I wonder if they could be filed down, or if the ceramic would just sharpen the file!

blufinz52 likes this.
  4. aluxtrader Feb 5, 2018

Probably sits too tight?

5. Bushido Feb 6, 2018

Yikes! Sorry to hear this is going on @Tarnsman. While I don't spend as much time as many on the computer for work, I've found that any deployant clasp or metal bracelet becomes uncomfortable after a while when you're resting your wrist against a harder surface (like a keyboard). Although, I have never had any clasp actually damage the skin like in your pic.
    Some solutions that have helped with my annoyance are either pulling your sleeve down to add a little cushion or getting a foam pad to place where you rest your wrists. Failing that, I would say keep it on the NATO during the work week.

Starman71 and apm1 like this.
  6. TMas Feb 6, 2018

That’s your body telling you that you need another Omega to let your wrist heal every once in a while.

Starman71, blufinz52 and jcmartinez98 like this.
  7. apm1 Feb 6, 2018

First time I hear this. Perhaps was too tight..

Starman71 likes this.
  8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 6, 2018

I love the deployants on my Rolex watches ... all day comfort. i Don’t however find the JLC deployant on my Grand Reverso as comfortable. In fact when I was in discussions with RGM on my 455 they discouraged me from going deployant as a lot of folks find them uncomfortable.

Starman71 likes this.
  9. Starman71 Feb 6, 2018

The price difference to include this sharp deployant was well over a grand.

I wonder if there is a bracelet that would fit well with this watch. I miss the comfort of my Seamaster.

10. steelfish Feb 6, 2018

Have you thought about swapping out the strap and deployant for the older strap and ceramic buckle instead?

Starman71 likes this.
  11. Menno86 Feb 6, 2018

The deployant looks to be positioned at the edge of your wrist. Omega sells 4 sizes for this strap. A shorter version would get the deployant centered on your wrist and would maybe avoid such friction.

Starman71 and BostonCanuck like this.
  12. thatonewatchdude Feb 6, 2018

i would highly recommend to order the short version of the strap, and test it out on your timepiece as it is designed for a specific wrist size. The size of the stock strap seems to not be accommodating, here is the ref for the short version hope it helps.
    032CUZ004500

Starman71 likes this.
  13. Starman71 Feb 6, 2018

Thank you @Menno86 and @thatonewatchdude for the tips on the shorter strap sizes! I will talk with my AD ASAP! Also might be worth asking about the ceramic buckle as @steelfish mentioned.

14. karalhoin Feb 7, 2018

Curious. I find that strap and clasp super comfy. But mine is off-center in a lucky nice way... it is more visible and harder to bump into stuff. Not sure how you can adjust the size that well without replacing it tho.

20180204_001722-01.jpeg

Starman71 likes this.