Forums Latest Members
  1. hbombkid Mar 2, 2019

so I was reading on another forum that someone tried to remove their Rolex Pepsi ceramic bezel and got it off but cracked it.

That got me thinking do Omega independents have access / ability to remove a ceramic bezel for a PO? Do they have a special tool? When I owned my 2500 PO I had a custom made tool and I would take mine off in 2-3 seconds. I know aluminum bezels are different just wondering. I was always worried of cracking a ceramic so never tried.

I also wonder if an omega tool could work on a Rolex.

2. Caliber561 Mar 2, 2019

It's probably just a matter of the force used to remove the bezel being unevenly distributed. Watch companies probably have tooling that could be used to remove the bezel by evenly prying it off.

3. Canuck Mar 3, 2019

Google Bergeon or Horotec watch bezel remover.

4. vitriol Mar 3, 2019

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 3, 2019

The tool used for Omega dive watches with ceramic bezels is the same as the one used for aluminum insert bezels...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I use this tool to remove bezels from many different brands, including Rolex...

6. hbombkid Mar 3, 2019

Thanks Al I was hoping you would chime in on this. Have you ever pulled a Rolex ceramic one off or just the aluminum?

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 3, 2019

Don't recall using this on a Rolex with ceramic insert...I don't service a ton of modern Rolex, so mostly vintage.

8. vitriol Mar 3, 2019

Looks like Rolex ceramic bezel pops off rather easy.

9. Meme-Dweller Mar 3, 2019

^ that tool is great if you want to have a gouge on your case

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 3, 2019

Not the recommended method IMO. That one came off easily, and appears to be perfectly clean underneath, but if there is dirt packed in the bezel and it's stubborn coming off, the risk of damage is far too great. Not only will you possibly gouge up the case, but you can bend the bezel as well...

[​IMG]

I see so many hacked up cases from people prying bezels off, it's not am method I would recommend, in particular for watch owners. I will note though that the bent bezel shown above was made that way by someone who called themselves a watchmaker...

11. hbombkid Mar 3, 2019

Great info as usual Al. I was adventurous with PO but even then I had a custom tool similar to the omega one that took it right off in 2 seconds.

I do not have it in me to try a Rolex ceramic one especially with the silicone ring that is told it is a one time use and should be replaced every time the bezel comes off. Now if I had an abundance of those rings and ability to buy a bezel at cost I might try it