Forums Latest Members

Ceramic Bezel on Non ceramic Seamaster

1. joroz001 Jul 6, 2016

Does anyone know if the bezel on an older Seamaster 300M (Part # 212.30.41.20.01.002) can be replaced with the ceramic bezel on the new Seamaster 300M (Part # 212.30.41.20.01.003)? I have read posts that it cannot be done, but I visited an Omega boutique over the weekend and a representative assured me that the new bezel would fit. He claimed that one of the in-store watchmakers had done this MOD on their personal watch.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fskywalker likes this.
  2. Canadian Buck Jul 8, 2016

From my understanding, having owned both models. The Ceramic model bezel assembly is thicker then on the older smp. The crystal height would then have to change or crystal itself to get the correct hights.
    Please correct me if im wrong

Brandon

fskywalker likes this.
  3. Hands90 Jul 9, 2016

I'm all in for the ceramic but I'm going pre-ceramic for the price difference.

fskywalker likes this.
  4. ScubaPro Actually dives with dive watches!!! Jul 9, 2016

I sincerely doubt it would work. The ceramic is a very different material that I think needs a different type of mounting set-up. Archer or an Archer-Like entity should know for sure.

fskywalker likes this.
  5. joroz001 Jul 10, 2016

Does anyone have the contact information for Archer?

fskywalker likes this.
  6. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jul 10, 2016

If you put an @ in front of someone's screen name it tags them and sends them an alert. Like @joroz001

fskywalker likes this.
  7. themarshmall0w Jul 11, 2016

If you send it to a omega service center they will not change your bezel to a new ceramic one. They aren't going to modify any of their watches outside of the case reference number. You would have to find someone with access to parts and the tools to remove and install it. The bezels have the same basic structure and design just different materials used for the actual run part. One of the problems I see is you can get the bezel to function correctly on the watch but the next person who tries to remove it will have a hard time and will for sure destroy the bezel or potentially scratch up your case and lugs trying to take it off with razor blades and a hammer.

fskywalker likes this.
  8. fskywalker Feb 8, 2020

Reviving an old thread, wonder if someone had figured out how to do the retrofit by now (with a genuine ceramic insert from Omega, have seen it done with aftermarket inserts)

9. greyfox422 Feb 10, 2020

Or the Bat signal?

10. ckamp Feb 10, 2020

The mod probably wont work, but:
    Capture.PNG

Tony, vitriol, Archer and 1 other person like this.
  11. greyfox422 Feb 10, 2020

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 10, 2020

AFAIK, it doesn't work, but I'm not about to buy a very expensive bezel and give it a try on someone else's watch...only to find out it doesn't work and then I'm stuck with a bezel I can't return.

But apparently some guy at a boutique claims it can be done. Apparently he wasn't very convincing, as the OP started this thread 4 years ago...

Props to @ckamp for the signal. :thumbsup:

13. mk2rick Feb 10, 2020

Same ! I’m all in for ceramic ! Can’t imagine a bezel that is scratched !