Forums Latest Members

Caught a Vintage Hamilton, Heuer, Seiko and Waltham

1. erpin9 Jun 15, 2017

Its been a while since I last posted here. Too much work lately. . Anyway, I caught these great watches the last 2 months.

First is this very clean 60s Hamilton 3-register chronograph with panda dial. The all stainless steel watch is powered by a Valjoux 7736 and has a diameter of 37mm excluding crown. I think its one of the best looking vintage chronographs I have purchased.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Heuer Autavia 1163V is a 1st execution of the Viceroy model. The watch is powered by a Cal.12 movement. If you're looking for a watch that sums up the true essence of the 1970s sportscar racing period, this is it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This Seiko is sought after by many seikoholics. Its the 6105 8110 proof-proof model which was produced only in 1970. The “proof/proof” models are fairly rare, and command a definite premium over the “resist/resist” models. This watch is in very good condition.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lastly is this 70s Waltham, stainless steel chronograph powered by the Valjoux 7733 hand-winding movement in fine condition. The watch case measures 41mm diameter (without crown) and has a signed, screw-down case-back with 2 chronograph registers. I am a sucker for "blue dialed" watches.

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nathan1967, Vitezi, Emeister and 6 others like this.
  2. Rumar89 Jun 15, 2017

Those panda dial hamiltons are real gems. I've got to try and find one. Where did you pick that example up? Excellent condition Autavia as well; doesn't look like it's seen much wrist time.

3. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jun 15, 2017

Dibs on the Hamilton!