Forums Latest Members

Cashing in your Chip - G 383

1. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 7, 2013

Anyone catch this Poker Chip Primero? I haven't seen one of these in the 'bay in...ever. It ended early of course, presumably below the USD10,000 ask.

$T2eC16NHJFoFH492iLWIBSUepJQv!Q~~60_57.JPG

It rekindles an old discussion that a bunch of us had on another forum about two years ago about dial variations on these. Compare with this other example, which happens to belong to me

[​IMG]

Note that in the one on auction, there are no metal hour markers, although there are little square lume plots. In addition, the radial painting on the chronograph minute and hour subdials overlaps into the area of the dial, in contrast to the one I own.

Now, it struck me (and others) as strange that Zenith would make two dial variations for a watch produced in only 200 examples, and only having one example like the watch on auction at the time of the original discussion, I thought it might be a dial that had been tampered with, with the hour markers having been left off. The watch currently under discussion now appears to be a second subdial-overlap, no-metal-markers example (although I could not get a case number from the seller to verify, little details of wear appear to be different).

Comment away, especially you GIGI.

Risto likes this.
  2. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Oct 7, 2013

I saw it on the bay yesterday, added to my watchlist and gone today.:thumbsup:

3. papaebetu Oct 7, 2013

Lou, look like reprint in the subdial, T SWISS MADE T is not in same central position and the black minute ring
    is not so linear

IMG_0232.jpg IMG_0235.jpg
    cozzani1978 likes this.
  4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 7, 2013

See this is the problem with rare El Primeros, everyone on this site already has them.

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 8, 2013

...and the subdial numbers seem much more heavily inked

6. BGBG Oct 8, 2013

Here is a dial that was on ebay last week it sold for 76.00 euro

$T2eC16FHJF4FFkYh7C,zBSRFw,bZ9Q~~60_12.JPG
    omegasaso12 likes this.
  7. Interstatetime Oct 11, 2013

Lou,

I may not be a Zenith expert but I have looked at dials for going on 35 years and this dial looks like a re-fin to me.

JohnCote

8. maximum Oct 11, 2019

Medinatalzahra and billving like this.
  9. m neuman What, me worry? Oct 15, 2019

I have owned 2 of each of the variation. I believe that they are both genuine. Lou and I had a discussion about 10 years ago we thought the one without the gold markers, had lost it markers and was touched up. But in the last 10-12 years I have owned two without and have seen a few more. I believe them to be correct watches. If I was to speculate, I would think the one without the gold markers came first then they improved the look by putting on the gold squares. Both are a rare and both are important. A good collection should have both examples.