Forums Latest Members
  1. Megagripen Dec 14, 2018

Hi guys!

New member from Sweden in this forum and very excited to learn more about the fantastic world of Omega.

I have a question about my Speedmaster Pro 105.012-66CB and the single angle bevel that I have on my caseback. I read an article in this forum, see link http://www.chronomaddox.com/moonwatch_casebacks.html

I quote

"For the First Professional models of Speedmasters Omega switched to a single angle beveled design for the case back. This is the case back that is typically found on Pre-Moon Speedmaster Professionals (ST145.012 and ST145.022)... I have not seen a ST105.012 at this point, so it's possible that they retain the older twin-angle slope instead of the single angle. If this is the case, it may be the only external way to differentiate between the ST105.012 and the ST145.012 without opening the case. Note: Again the Hippocampus should be present but is sometimes difficult to see."

Well, in fact, my caseback is a 105.012-66CB and the author, the late Chuck Maddox, states that he never seen one with a single angel bevel. This text/article is from 2001 so things may have happened during this time.

Can someone explain this to me or am I totally confused and have misunderstood everything?

See attached photos below...

Thanks and have great weekend!

IMG_0107 (2).jpg IMG_0143.jpg

2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 14, 2018

Megagripen likes this.
  3. Megagripen Dec 14, 2018

Oh, missed that, been there several times though...
    Maybe not such a reliable source, the Maddox one, due to age, perhaps...

Thank you for your help!

eugeneandresson likes this.
  4. Davidt Dec 14, 2018

I've never seen a 105.012 CB caseback that didn't have a single bevel.

Dan S and wwhntr like this.
  5. wwhntr Dec 14, 2018

May we see a dial picture showing off those CB flat top lugs;)