Forums Latest Members

Case Service - Vintage Heuer

1. Albe100 Dec 2, 2019

Hi OF,

I have a friend asking about a good and reputable watchmaker located in the New York/New Jersey area that knows how to work on vintage Heuers. He wants to have the case on one of his old Heuer models refurbished.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations you may have.

Cheers,
    A

2. Albe100 Dec 9, 2019

Anyone has some recommendations?

3. budgewink Dec 10, 2019

Anything about it @ onthedash? I guess it's a personal thing getting older watches worked on. Some prefer keeping them in as close to original condition others prefer a respective overhaul. It depends highly on the piece too I guess. I'm sure others would give different advice though i'm just putting some feelings out.

4. Albe100 Dec 11, 2019

@budgewink I checked, but i'll look again. Def. a personal thing on having a watch refurbished. In my personal view it can depend on many factors; how collectible, current condition, do you want it to look pristine, etc. This is for a contact who is looking to have his watch refurbished.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 11, 2019

I have no idea what having a case "refurbished" really means? Do you mean just cleaned and new seals installed? Do you mean refinished? Do you mean laser welded, and then refinished? Maybe if you were a little more detailed with what your friend is after, it might help people give a recommendation.