Forums Latest Members
  1. SadKen Jun 21, 2020

Hello everyone, i do hope you are all well and safe.

For the last month or so i have been searching for a watch for myself, having never worn a watch it has been baby steps whilst trying to absorb as much information as possible.

A couple of days ago i was offered the opportunity to purchase a used Cartier by a very trusted person who i have known all my life.
    The watch has lived a much used life for over 30 years and is looking a little tired but a little TLC should bring its sparkle back.
    I have no reason to doubt its authenticity and have done plenty of research but one must always ask questions and go through the process just for peace of mind.
    I dont have picture with the back off yet, this will be added in the next day or so when i have taken it to someone with the right tool.

My main questions are-
    Does the watch look ok from the pictures ?
    Is it a Santos Ronde or Vendome ? i have seen it listed under both names ( more as Ronde )
    Are links an easy process to remove ? will need resizing.
    Your honest thoughts.
    Yes, i am being offered it at a very good price but there is no box or papers and it needs some TLC.

IMG_5558.JPG IMG_5559.JPG IMG_5560.JPG IMG_5561.JPG

Thanks
    Ken

2. SadKen Jun 22, 2020

Today i had the back off to make sure it had a Cartier signed movement, it does but i would appreciate opinions just to be sure.
    I wasn't expecting all of the gunk, a good clean is in order ( sorry about pic quality )
    IMG_5562.JPG
    So far everything has checked out and i am going to keep it, unless anyone has seen something amiss.
    Once the links are removed and it has had a clean and a new battery i will be in it for about £300/ $350 which is lower than the current market value/ asking prices.
    The most important part is, I like it. ( a lot )
    I wanted some colour on the dial and this Burgundy is right up my street, the case size of 32.5mm fits my wrist well so lots of boxes ticked.
    It wont be a daily beater as i have yet to find that but, it will be worn and get plenty of wrist time.
    As my first watch purchase, i am very happy.
    On to the next one ;)
    Ken

3. Evitzee Jun 22, 2020

Don't be sad, Ken. If you like the watch that is all that matters. Clean the gunk, put a new battery in and wear it.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  4. ConElPueblo Jun 23, 2020

Sounds like a match! :thumbsup: