Forums Latest Members

SOLD Caravelle Sea Hunter 'Devil Diver' 666 Feet 1970

1. TropicConnie Apr 3, 2020

I'm considering letting go of my Caravelle Sea Hunter AKA 'Devil Diver' with an N0 date code dating it to 1970. It's a transitional piece with the Type I second hand and Type II hour and minute hand (some lume missing on the minute hand but it doesn't drastically affect functionality as it's 50 year old tritium). The matte black dial is immaculate and all original. The crown is the original C signed crown. The 37 mm case still has visible brushing on the top of the lugs, and the sides have their original matte finish. The bezel has some minor scratches near the 5 and 25 minute marker but still looks fantastic and turns easily. The caseback is the weakest point of the watch, it's difficult to photograph the engraving, but it's all there. Overall the watch resembles a Ref. 6538 'big crown' Sub, without the hefty price tag!

Service history is unknown, however it runs well, my timer says +34 seconds per day dial up.

Sale includes a 'rivet' style bracelet of modern construction.

Asking US$666 via PayPal for this little piece of history. Also open to reasonable trades, my primary interest is in vintage dress watches from Longines, Omega, Cyma, and Hamilton, but I will also consider others.

Buyer pays postage anywhere worldwide (at my discretion; exclusions may apply) via the method of your choice. I have no references on here as this is my first sale but at the very least I can provide my eBay feedback if requested.

Strictly no returns unless grossly misrepresented.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you for your time if you've made it this far!

Edited Apr 7, 2020
    Jeremiah, felsby, BlueBoy and 2 others like this.
  2. TropicConnie Apr 5, 2020

Weekend bump. Any interest?

3. TropicConnie Apr 6, 2020

Now included in the sale at the same price, a 'rivet' style bracelet. Solid links and a fold over clasp. All links included!

[​IMG]

4. TropicConnie Apr 8, 2020

Mid week bump. Still available!

5. TropicConnie Apr 10, 2020

Perhaps my price was a little ambitious given the global economic climate. Perhaps it was just a bad omen. But nonetheless, I need this piece gone so I'm now offering free registered shipping worldwide.

6. TropicConnie Apr 13, 2020

SOLD! Cheers ΩF and thanks to the buyer!

Edited Apr 14, 2020
    mcnuggets1543 likes this.