Forums Latest Members

Can't log in without resetting password

1. BMDJag Mar 31, 2022

Hi every time I try to log in I get the following error message:

"You already have an account on the Escapement Network, which includes Calibre 11 and Omega Forums. Please use your account from either of these sites."

I never created a account on Calibre 11 or Escapment Networks. If I go to Calibre 11 I can log in using my Omega Forums account but to log in here I need to reset my password. Unfortunately the login only lasts one session. I believe I can log in fine from my phone's mobile browser.

Any thoughts on how to fix my account?

2. BMDJag Apr 4, 2022

Is there no resolution to this? Getting tired of having to reset my password as the only way to log in.

3. YY77 Apr 4, 2022

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 4, 2022

What browser are you running?

Are You running private browsing or similar?

any privacy or anonymity for tensions or programs?

5. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Apr 4, 2022

And just in case, @dsio

6. BMDJag Apr 5, 2022

Hi there thanks for the response. I use edge and chrome same result. This also occurs on 3 pc's I have access to. I am pretty sure log in works fine on my phone, will have to try later tonight though.

As for running private browsing no I am not although I have tried that and clearing my cache. Both do not work. I do have NORD VPN on two of the computers but I rarley use it and it is not connected to a VPN endpoint by default.

7. BMDJag May 27, 2022

Still having this issue....got tired of having to reset my password so I haven't inquired about this again. Any ideas?

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 27, 2022

It sounds sort of like you’re trying to register an account instead of logging in, as in this is set to the wrong option:

95042EE8-57B0-4748-9F1E-EC8FBA7FA48B.jpeg

9. BMDJag May 28, 2022

Thanks!

That is but isnt my issue. I use 1Password with autofill. If I copy my info in and dont auto fill it works fine. But if I auto fill although the webpage is selected on "Yes, my password is:" and the button shows "Log In" its probably that in the create account state.

Interestingly after auto filling if I then change to "No, create an account now:" the button changes to "Sign Up" as one would expecct but if you try to change it back to "Yes, my password is:" the button stays on "Sign Up".

Not sure what is triggering this behavior with 1Password but I would assume this would be a issue with the page in question getting in a weird state.

Hopefully that helps some.

10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 28, 2022

I found 1Password to be a pain in the arse with Omega Forums log in.
    Could never get it to work and couldn't get it to remember to ignore this site.

Works pretty well with 90% of other sites but there are a few that I just use an easy remembered password and 2FA.

Foo2rama likes this.
  11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 28, 2022

Interesting, I don’t use 1Password, just chrome and iCloud password manager, I’ll let Trev know and see if we can find anything

12. cineaste May 28, 2022

FYI, I have no issues with Bitwarden, so at least one works properly.