Forums Latest Members

CANCELED - SoCal Newport Beach GTG 5/14 - CANCELED

1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 9, 2016

Date 5/14
    Time 5:30 till????
    Location: Pie Society 353 E 17th St Costa Mesa, CA 92627 http://www.yelp.com/biz/pie-society-costa-mesa
    You can reach me: Phil @ 714.867.7262

I was not able to source a venue due to costs and unknown size, basically no one wanted to give us a location on a busy Saturday night for a few hours with potentially less then 10 people, and the Watch Boutique backed out when I confirmed with them, as they are not an Omega AD, nor carry many Vintage Omega watches.

We will basically have this place to our selves till about 8:30pm. It is one of the best unknown bars in SoCal right now. They also have a full menu from the attached Restaurant. Pitfire Artisan Pizza http://www.yelp.com/biz/pitfire-artisan-pizza-costa-mesa

Directions: South 55 Freeway till it ends.
    Left on 17th Street
    Location is on your right, just after Pancakes "R" Us.
    The entrance to the bar is located via the parking lot or through the front main restaurant.

If you bring a significant other Newport Beach and Balboa Island are less then 5 minute drives from here. Fashion Island is about 10 minutes. McLaren dealership is about 5 minutes, if you are in the mood for a new car ;)

2. repoman May 10, 2016

@Taddyangle and I will be in Las Vegas, catch you guys next time.

3. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 10, 2016

all you lucky ppl and all your GTGs...nothing ever near me in philly... :(

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 11, 2016

Canceling event, no one confirmed with 3 days to go. I will try again in about a month. You may PM me if you are interested.

5. flyingout May 11, 2016

Thanks for trying. Lunch is the only option for me these days.

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. ulackfocus May 11, 2016

That's because Philadelphia is part of the rat race known as the North Eastern US, and as such everyone is busy working 60 hour weeks to try to keep from being replaced. For future reference, the territory runs from the Washington DC metro area north to the Boston metro area and is easily identified by miserable traffic where people cut you off and miserable people who make rude guestures at you while driving, all in the name of keeping their blood pressure up to a healthy near-boiling level.

[/rant]

ps - the only time I attend a watch GTG is when I'm on vacation in Florida. There was one once in King of Prussia....... heard there were a few violent felonies committed after several fenderbenders and escalating tempers on 476 and the Schuylkill due to the excess traffic near the KoP Mall.

7. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? May 11, 2016

Sorry I am a little late to this thread. I live in Laguna Beach and I work at a restaurant in Corona Del Mar. Next time you want to schedule something let me know. The restaurant is high end and popular with the locals. Fat Martinis.
    martini.jpg

8. WatchVaultNYC May 11, 2016

wait a minute, I must have not seen that we needed to confirm. I'm in! May still be hope. Can we give this until Friday?

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 11, 2016

I'll meet with you, and who ever wants to show up... but so far basically everyone that wanted to do it, has replied to me that they are out. I was going to let it rest a week, then try again,