Forums Latest Members
  1. Canuck Jul 1, 2016

image.jpeg image.jpeg Fun day, Canada Day. Our fiddle group in a parade in a town of 60,000. I'm sure everybody was out for the parade. I'm the tall guy in the red t-shirt and red hat, playing the fiddle. Parade was two hours long, and traveled about two miles. Wore my Date-Just as rain was predicted.

Deafboy, Paedipod, ahartfie and 3 others like this.
  2. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jul 1, 2016

I've lived in a town that size (at least it was in '67) and I remember a similar sad parade on July one of that year........

it was great!

happy Canada Day

3. Canuck Jul 1, 2016

Sad parade! This was NOT a sad parade! It was a blast!

Happy Canada Day to fellow Canucks!

SteveZ28 likes this.
  4. SteveZ28 Jul 1, 2016

Happy Canada Day from Alberta!! :D

5. proximal Jul 1, 2016

Have a great holiday, Canadians!

Sincerely,
    An American who loves hockey and Tim Hortons.

6. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jul 1, 2016

Oh don't get me wrong, compared to a big city like Winnipeg our parade was sad...... but for a town which plowed an airstrip on the lake each winter so aircraft could still fly in, it was fantastic.

My older brother ended up in the NWT working an air ambulance service for 5 years. He said half the town was in the Canada Day parade and the other half watched, it went around the block which was the entire town and it was great.

They partied all day on the first of July, till the sun went down..... which it did for about an hour. Then it was July 2nd.

Damn the north is fun!

Now I live in the "Banana Belt" (Southern Ontario) which means winter is wimpy and the motorcycle season exceeds nine months (or ten)

Well hell....never did really stop riding last winter.

What a great country we live in!

Paedipod likes this.
  7. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jul 1, 2016

8. Canuck Jul 1, 2016

The RCMP were there, mounted on their bay horses, dressed in their red serge, flat brim hats, navy blue riding breeches, and calf-high leather riding boots. Quite spectacular. A real dog and pony show. Mrs. C took pictures of dogs, but no horses!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Paedipod likes this.
  9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jul 1, 2016

Happy Canada Day! I love you guys, you're the best.. No seriously. You guys are the best.

No, I haven't been drinking. I swear.

ulackfocus likes this.
  10. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jul 1, 2016

[​IMG]

I want to know how they got that dog to hold still while the stuck a flag up his butt.

Patriotic little fellow though......

SteveZ28 and Mr Bing like this.
  11. Canuck Jul 1, 2016

Might be a female dog! :D

Fritz likes this.
  12. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Jul 1, 2016

Happy Canada Day from a Canuck in Boston!

13. ulackfocus Jul 1, 2016

Happy Canada Day!

I was going to say "We don't have a USA Day here in America" until I remembered (a) the 4th of July and (b) every day is USA Day! ::stirthepot:: :D

Fritz likes this.
  14. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jul 1, 2016

And pretty soon now America will be Great again.

Happy Canada Day! Please don't build a wall and keep us out. I wouldn't blame you if you did but please don't.

Maybe somebody has a spare basement I can stay in. Eh?

ahartfie, ulackfocus and Paedipod like this.
  15. Jonatan Jul 2, 2016

A little late but happy Canada Day! Might be the only Québécois you ever hear wishing you happy Canada Day, but in my family we are Canadian before we are Québécois. Born in the Ottawa region.

Enjoy the party guys. I'm in Switzerland and they will party on August 1st.

gemini4 likes this.
  16. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jul 2, 2016

We could learn a bit about pride from the Americans. You drive through small town America and there are flags hanging from a lot of houses, most houses it seems sometimes. I live near Toronto and I hang a flag from the front of my house very often, a maple leaf or an Canadian ensign and many times I've been asked why, or, better yet, what my problem is..... What's my problem? (besides the pocketwatch thing I assume) Its a problem to hang the flag of your country out front of your house? Weird. Next time I'm asked that I'll suggest they take a trip to rural Albania.

ensign.png

ahartfie, ulackfocus and Paedipod like this.
  17. ulackfocus Jul 2, 2016

One of our members used to have a flower coming out a dog's butt for their avatar before he requested a new one be chosen from our "bad taxidermy" options. Now he has a stuffed squirrel playing a broom string bass.

Fritz likes this.
  18. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jul 2, 2016

Oooooooo....... I'd like to see that...... Is it wearing a Quartz Timex?

19. ulackfocus Jul 2, 2016

I forget his screen name. He was the one who listed a watch on the sales forum trying his damnedest NOT to sell it.

EDIT: found him! It's Event Horizon. Got lucky that I remembered the discussion about him being a "complete knobhead" so I searched that.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/i-want-a-subscript-under-my-name.27484/#post-305876

Fritz likes this.
  20. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jul 2, 2016

Priceless..... Once agin I must bow before the might of the great Quatzophobe