Forums Latest Members

Can you identify this Speedmaster model, please?

1. Mike Advice PI Nov 5, 2017

pastedImage.png I serviced a watch for a friend and a friend of his subsequently has asked me if I can identify his old Speedmaster which has a missing pusher. I thought it was a 175.0043, but the owner's not so sure and he apparently can't find the papers. I think the best place to get the definitive answer is here, so could anyone here confirm or refute my suggestion?

I looked up a replacement pusher for a 175.0043 at Cousins UK and found a choice between gold plated and solid gold. The plated version is available to buy, but the solid gold pusher is restricted. Could anyone say whether this all gold model would have had a solid gold pusher?

All input would be very welcome.

pastedImage.png

2. Mike Advice PI Nov 20, 2017

Ah well. Thanks anyway.:)

3. ICONO Nov 20, 2017

What does the number inside the caseback say ?

4. Mike Advice PI Nov 20, 2017

I'm afraid I don't know. The watched is owned by a friend of a friend and as far as I know he's not the kind of guy to open his watch up. He hasn't got back to me with news of the papers either. In view of the value of the watch I've advised him to send it to an approved Omega service workshop (Michlmayr of Norwich) so he knows that any work done will be done properly and with authentic parts.

Thanks for the response ICONO and everyone else who had a look.