Forums Latest Members

Can You Believe it, Already, GMT Good Planet

1. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 18, 2013

2. eelpie Jul 18, 2013

If the seller has good feed-back, why not?

To be totally honest, buying on-line like that can save you money, and there's another one ending tonight that should set the tone from here on out.

If I hadn't gotten a bracelet in the mail just yesterday, I'd be looking real hard at it . . .

OmegaSeamasterGMT.JPG

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 18, 2013

I meant that It was amazing that someone was selling already. Not a problem with the deal.

4. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 18, 2013

There's still a lot to be said for the 50th Anniversary Seamaster GMT above, especially if (like me) you aren't a fan of the He valve.

5. eelpie Jul 18, 2013

I think the watch is on offer by a dealer who wants to sell out the back-door. In theory, they're the only ones with the watches yet, and very few speculators would buy one just to flip it, unless they got a really, really good deal on it.

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 18, 2013

Individuals on other forums have indicated that the have received their watch.

7. eelpie Jul 18, 2013

I think larger metropolitan areas have gotten initial stock, but those of us in the hinterlands still have 80-plus days to go before one arrives locally, if at all.

If you're in a town that does not have an Omega dealer, or one near-by, the net can be the way to go, especially when you can save the tax by ordering on-line or from a dealer in another state.

The only draw-back is the inability to try it on before purchasing . . .

8. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Jul 23, 2013

We had our first one come into store yesterday. It was gone within a few hours!