Forums Latest Members

Can we have a PM Inbox 'Search' feature?

1. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Feb 18, 2018

This would be great, IMO.

This forum is like no other as far as ease of navigation/use/communication. OF definitely seems to be the benchmark for hobby fora, and I'm so grateful to be a member here.

If there was one thing to add, though, it would be this. If you're like me, and you have more than a few pages of PM's, then you know as I do how much time it takes to scan them all for either a fellow seller, or a watch that you remember discussing with a friend.

Is it possible to add this, fine fellows? Or, maybe it somehow already exists, and I just haven't figured it out :rolleyes:...:D. I'm thinking because a search like this is within a 'private' area, that it just isn't possible, but I wanted to inquire on it anyway, just in case...

Regards,

Doug

P.S. If this can't be done, then can you just bring back The Squirrel?? :D

efauser, gop76 and oddboy like this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 18, 2018

This has come up before. Trev has explained that for technical reasons it is too difficult to script and install on the forum.

For now, here is a squirrel to entertain you.

upload_2018-2-18_14-27-39.gif

3. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Feb 18, 2018

I guess if I had indeed used the existing search feature :rolleyes:, I might have found the answer. Thanks for repeating it for me here!

And with that, I think it's about time to renew a dedicated squirrel thread...::book::

Lucasssssss likes this.