Can we expect a Planet Ocean update in 2023?

With the recent release of the Planet Ocean Ultra Deep (PO UD), I've been thinking about the Planet Ocean (PO) sized for us mere mortals. Omega first introduced the Planet Ocean in 2005 with subsequent updates in 2011 and 2016, or about once every 5-6 years. Now that 2023 marks 7 years since the last update, would it be feasible to expect another refresh for the Planet Ocean line in the coming year? If so, what would you like to see changed? Here's what I'd like:

Case Dimensions
This is a big one for me as with small wrists it's hard to find a PO model that doesn't look ridiculous. I've been eyeing the 39.5 model, but the thickness is enough to make me think twice. I'm excited about the new O-MegaSteel alloy that's been released and would like to see it applied to more models in the catalogue. With this steel, I think it's feasible that Omega can reduce the thickness of the case. Who knows, maybe Omega will see what Tudor has done with the Pelagos 39 and decide to release a planet ocean "lite" that is thinner at the cost of lower water resistance. Although most of the thickness is due to the dual sapphire crystals, in my opinion even a 1mm decrease in thickness would be substantial.
I would also like to see Omega increase the case diameter of the 39.5mm model slightly to 40.5 or 41.5 mm so the proportions are less can-like. The current 39.5 has a lug to lug distance of about the same as a 36mm datejust, and it makes the dive watch seem somewhat horizontally compressed.
Finally, Omega has shown with the Ultra Deep that saturation diving does not require a helium escape valve. Although I don't mind the valve I know that many people do, and Omega taking it out of their most serious diver yet could mean changes for future models.
Movement
I think the current generation Omega movements are brilliant and honestly I wouldn't change much. I also doubt that Omega would introduce a new line of movements with a single product line update.
Bracelet
Although I haven't gotten the chance to handle it in person yet, the steel bracelet on the PO UD appears to be more refined than the current generation PO offering. There is a pretty significant taper (22mm to 18mm) compared to the almost nonexistent taper on the current lineup, and the clasp is also flush with the flanking links, giving the bracelet a more svelte appearance. I also love the polished bevel running down the side of the links, a nice tough that differentiates the design even more. If Omega sized down this bracelet to 20mm->16mm and slapped it onto a 40.5mm model, I might have to pull the trigger.

PO UD bracelet - Source: watchesbysjx.com
Omega-Seamaster-Planet-Ocean-Ultra-Deep-6000m-clasp.jpg

Current PO bracelet - Source: authenticwatches.com
omega-planet-ocean-chronograph-22mm-titanium-bracelet-020ti1590867-14.jpg

I'd like to see it go back to the original in style, For me, the best they've ever done. I also bought the LMLE but sold it because it was too shiny and blingy, and then the 3rd version showed a lot of those same qualities. I do like the 3rd one, but it's the only one I've not purchased out of the 3. The first version I've had since 2008 is the one I wear the most, still. The 2nd, the 8500 is still one I like a lot, but doesn't get as much wrist time. I wear both more on the OEM rubber and NATO than bracelet, so I'm not overly bothered about that, unless it's going to be a lot lighter and more adjustable.

I own the 8500 42mm, everything there is to be loved, except one thing: (TO BE CLEAR) THE RIDICULUS THICKNESS (16mm).
That model with 13.5 or maximum 14mm would be almost perfect. I bought the Nekton, that it is not a small watch, but when I swap from the PO, what a relief!!!.

If you want a smaller PO with less water resistance get a Seamaster 300 Heritage...

I would like to see the date window gone, or at least moved. The dial would look so much better with a 3 instead of that date window. Maybe put it discreetly at 4 o'clock. Hell even at the 6 would look a lot more balanced than at the 3.

If you want a smaller PO with less water resistance get a Seamaster 300 Heritage...
I'm not the biggest fan of the fauxtina lume on the Heritage 300 and greatly prefer the ceramic dial on the planet ocean. Plus a date window is a must for me.

While I don't disagree that the PO 43.5 is a rather thick watch, it does fit my vision of what a dive watch should be. On the bracelet it is a bit heavy, but on the OEM rubber strap with deployant clasp, if feels great. I would like to see Deep Black versions in 43.5 without the GMT hands. The weight of Ceramic vs. steel is significant, and that's a combination I would really jump on.

Like 1
My guess is that they will indeed refresh the PO line next year. TBH I was expecting a refresh this year, but I guess the PO UD was technically something new for the PO.

I'm hoping they incorporate design and tech from the UD on the normal POs. Slimmer case thanks to how the crystal is mounted, no more HEV, and of course the new O-Mega steel.

The PO UD is already pretty close to the current POs thickness while having 10x more WR. I'm sure they can use that tech to make the PO slimmer while keeping its existing 600M WR.

My guess is that they will indeed refresh the PO line next year. TBH I was expecting a refresh this year, but I guess the PO UD was technically something new for the PO.

I'm hoping they incorporate design and tech from the UD on the normal POs. Slimmer case thanks to how the crystal is mounted, no more HEV, and of course the new O-Mega steel.

The PO UD is already pretty close to the current POs thickness while having 10x more WR. I'm sure they can use that tech to make the PO slimmer while keeping its existing 600M WR.

I was thinking the same thing. The only caveat that I can see is that by refreshing and thinning the PO line Omega might cannibalize sales of their other dive watches. However the design of the SMP300 and heritage models are quite different from the PO (compared to a sub vs a deepsea for example) so the impact might not be as bad.

I was thinking the same thing. The only caveat that I can see is that by refreshing and thinning the PO line Omega might cannibalize sales of their other dive watches. However the design of the SMP300 and heritage models are quite different from the PO (compared to a sub vs a deepsea for example) so the impact might not be as bad.

Some of the current POs are waay thicker than the SMP300s as they are, so i dont think they'll get thinned down to the point where they're slimmer than the SMP300. But I also agree with you, the design is different enough between the two lines that they can co-exist regardless.