Forums Latest Members
  1. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Nov 3, 2018

I can't believe it is but the script is really well done. But considering the case condition it just can't be anything but a re-paint. I also wonder about the way the paint seems to come up the sides of the indices.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A link to the eBay page: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1960s...14389-4-/153245260610?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2. got to many Nov 3, 2018

Looks like a repaint to me on the battons and omega logo

WhatYourWatchSay likes this.
  3. Speedy_Gonzales Nov 3, 2018

STAY AWAY!!! There is a reason they played with the light in these photos. Would like to see what it looks like in a well lit shot.

airansun and WhatYourWatchSay like this.
  4. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Nov 3, 2018

Yes, the way the paint climbs the indices concerns me.
    I have no problem with the lighting, it's nice window light and at the price the seller is asking I would want a perfect case if I had no concerns about the dial. And then I'd would have to be feeling a bit richer than I do.

My point is the script looks so good. I've seen a few vintage dials recently that look "too good to be true" and I'm starting to wonder is there some recent technique for printing that script?

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 3, 2018

The printing technique is the same as it ever was (an inked pad). I suspect that modern graphic programs and computer manipulation are responsible for producing the more accurate/high quality appearance.

6. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Nov 3, 2018

Yes you are correct.
    Now if you want to know if a dial was repainted or not, you have to look at something else.

heavenscloud and tamura like this.