Forums Latest Members

Can someone provide the specs on an Omega 2990, cal 267 crown please?

1. smorrisonmd Feb 9, 2017

Not sure what specific numbers to even ask for, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 9, 2017

What case material...there's more than one...

3. smorrisonmd Feb 9, 2017

Gold Plated

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 9, 2017

What colour of gold...

5. smorrisonmd Feb 9, 2017

pink

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 9, 2017

069SY45002

Much easier to help people if they provide full information up front...

Cheers, Al

efauser and X350 XJR like this.
  7. smorrisonmd Feb 9, 2017

I very much appreciate your help, but I need the specs, and I think you have provided the part number. Size, tap, etc.
    I should have picked up on that when you were asking about material, as specs should be the same regardless. My apologies.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 9, 2017

Again being specific about what you want helps. I'm assuming you have the watch this crown goes on, but you haven't told us that, nor what you want these dimensions for (I could assume it's for ordering a new crown, but at this point I really have no freaking idea what you are doing). If so, the tap size can be determined by measuring the stem, and the case tube size by measuring the case tube. The diameter of the crown is not given, but if you want an Omega crown, just order the part number I gave you...ordering by part number negates the need for all the information you subsequently asked for...

9. smorrisonmd Feb 9, 2017

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe while the material may vary, there is only one correct crown for an Omega case ref 2990 with 267 movement. And that crown will have certain specifications: size, tap, and maybe other numbers. These "specs" are what I need.

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 9, 2017

Why do you need these specs? When ordering a manufacturer's part (if that's what you are doing - you still haven't said that) you don't order by the "specifications" you are asking for, you order by part number that corresponds to that case. So instead of asking the manufacturer for:

a crown
    tap size A
    diameter B
    to fit case tube diameter C
    of height D
    of colour E
    with specific design F

You simply order 069SY45002, which is what the manufacturer says is the crown for that specific case in pink gold, and that number contains all the relevant information.

The only time I order crowns using dimensions - the information you are asking for is when I'm ordering something generic or aftermarket, so not a branded part.

I've given you all the information you need in order to get a crown for that watch. Why you need all this other information is a mystery.

11. smorrisonmd Feb 9, 2017

With all due respect, if I needed help ordering a part, I would have asked for that. And if I wanted the part number, I would have asked for that.
    But I have not.
    I don't see how WHY I need the specs is relevant, but I am trying to determine which (if any) existing crowns being offered for sale would fit my watch. And these are listed with various specs including size, tap, and ? depth?. So if you know these pertinent numbers on a crown for an Omega case ref 2990 with a 267 movement PLEASE share them. If you don't, or just have decided you no longer want to try to help me, fine. But please stop treating me as if I am an idiot.
    I get that enough from my wife:)

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 9, 2017

So you're trying to get general specifications in order to find a crown that specifically isn't the one that fits that watch? :\

Its not even that expensive a part, the genuine article would be the one to go for

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 9, 2017

With all due respect, if you give a more complete picture of what you were trying to do, it will lead to better answers and will avoid exactly this situation. 99.99% of the people who ask what you did want the part number to order a new crown, so lacking the background of what you were asking for, I gave the answer that most people would have wanted. At no time did you indicate (until this last post) that you were not trying to order a new crown, and for whatever reason you didn't want to share why you "needed" this information.

As I've already said, crowns are not ordered this way, and therefore Omega does not provide the dimensions you are asking for - they have no reason to. Since it's clear you have the watch, I've already told you how to get part of the information you seek:

And asserting that I am not trying to help you is absurd. I wonder why I bother sometimes...

14. tdn-dk Feb 9, 2017

Cousins.uk suggest 45003 for ref. 2990.

45003ST.JPG

And here is 45002:

45002ST.JPG
  15. smorrisonmd Feb 9, 2017

That was easy enough.
    Many thanks.
    Now I can call Otto Frei :)

konung39 likes this.
  16. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 9, 2017

I've run into this problem before when trying to order from suppliers. For some brands, the suppliers use a different internal numbering system than the factory.

I needed a crown for a gold Longines Ultra-Chron Ref. 8352. No listing of case parts for that reference at Ofrei or Jules Borel. I found the "official" Longines part number at Boley.de, but since I'm not a German watchmaker, they won't sell to me. No dimensions, just the number.

Went to CousinsUK, using their case ref. ID system, it came up with a signed crown for that reference, gold-plated for £30. I thought that was a bit much. Good thing it had all the dimensions, because right next to it was another signed Longines crown with identical dimensions for £12. Ordered it, brought it to the watchmaker (who has a Rolex parts account, but not Swatch for some reason) to install, and it fit perfectly.

I like to check and double-check things to be sure.
    gatorcpa

konung39 and Bumper like this.