Forums Latest Members

Can someone please school me on this Heuer Monnin?

1. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE May 10, 2016

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182125337684Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

To my untrained eye, this is a nice piece...

but it hasn't sold for quite a while now (just relisted) despite what appears to be a reasonable price.

Would anyone kindly explain me why this piece is not getting any love? What is so wrong about it?

Thanks,
    Paul

2. abrod520 May 10, 2016

Generally, when people refer to a "Heuer Monnin" they think of the 844 diver, so the thread title may mislead a bit.

These chronos are fairly unloved by the collector community, having been produced long after Heuer's golden age of motorsport association. They're not particularly attractive in the classical sense, the way that the Autavia and Carrera are. Also, these usually sell for less than $1000 or so I think - so it may be that the seller thinks that he can get a high price simply because the dial says "Heuer" and won't negotiate to the point that this one reaches the market price.

These are my thoughts / opinions and I am not a big expert on these!

Lonestar likes this.
  3. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE May 19, 2016

Thanks and sorry for not acknowledging your answer earlier.

This is helpful, thank you. I learn something all the time here :)

If I can find one for less than $1000 in this condition, I will buy it... it's one very lovely watch for the price!

Cheers,
    Paul