Forums Latest Members

Can someone help with my watch?

1. joshuachanhz Oct 27, 2015

Hey guys,

New on this forum.
    But does anyone know what model of watch this is, year of manufacture (if its even possible) and what its valued at? Got it as graduation present from my godparents. They bought this over 20 years ago. Thanks!

Josh

IMG_0701.JPG IMG_0704.JPG IMG_0705.JPG
    Geo!, Riviera Paradise and Canuck like this.
  2. joshuachanhz Oct 27, 2015

And its also 36mm if I'm not mistaken!

3. devnull Oct 29, 2015

Sweet baby Jesus, that is one sharp case! Most watches, specially gold ones, are attacked by polishing wheels in order to make them look new and shiny. Somebody not versed in watches sees a new looking watch, everybody here sees a worn and tired watch case. Yours is truly in pristine condition.

It should be a Longines Automatic Conquest reference 7290 with a 633 movement. The only way to know for sure would be by removing the case back and looking at it. I have seen them listed for around $2k in pristine condition but that is 'listed', I don't know if they actually sold for that.

4. OmegaSean Oct 29, 2015

Yours looks like an 18kt gold (750 on the back, code for 18kt) which would double that price easily if you do get it opened to look at the movement make sure it's done at a professional place you don't want to damage that beauty.
    OmegaSean

5. OmegaSean Oct 29, 2015

6. devnull Oct 29, 2015

This is an excellent example of an overpolished case. OP, this watch started is life with sharp bevels just like yours but a few encounters with polishing wheels left it on that shiny-yet-sorry state.

I don't know if yours is worth that kind of money, I know that one is not worth that kind of money.

7. joshuachanhz Oct 29, 2015

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it. Will see what I can do with this. :)

8. vinn2 Oct 29, 2015

graduation gift from gramps! id say thats a corner stone to build a collection. good show. i am working on my gramps rail road watch. vinn