Forums Latest Members

Can someone help?...please

1. Dmaskeze Sep 6, 2016

Hi All, Newbie here....and am loving browsing these forums and learning new things and seeing other people's watches. I recently purchased this watch from a dealer, and after a couple of days with it, I noticed it didn't seem to have the correct Bezel on it... The watch itself apart from that was great, but it stuck in the back of my mind... why? I checked the serial with Omega via Email, to which they verified the model etc, and then I went back to the shop, and asked if they could open the watch so I might Authenticate the movement....which he did, and then re pressure tested the watch...it has the matching serials on the movement, and the case, and the movement was an 1120...it put my mind at rest. The only thing is, it still has this Bezel Insert....How can go about getting a bezel insert for this... the model of this watch is a 2551.80.00 from 1998.
    20160817_112816.jpg 20160819_154402.jpg 147315928331147774303.jpg

2. Superdoc Sep 6, 2016

your AD, if he has a watchmaker may have a parts account - Depending on where you live, the Boutique may have repair lab/parts on hand.
    Sending it into OMEGA is always an option.

I certainly couldn't live with that Bezel... Sounds like you can't either - so just do it... you'll be so glad you did!

Dmaskeze likes this.
  3. Dmaskeze Sep 6, 2016

Yeh, I am a little way away from the dealer now... as it was an impulse while on holiday... but at least it's still in the same country I suppose!

4. Dmaskeze Sep 6, 2016

Thanks for the advice, will contact them and see what they say

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 6, 2016

You can't - you will have to have a complete new bezel installed. It's not cheap to do, which is why someone bought that ugly looking insert off eBay and stuck that in instead of paying up for a proper replacement. If it was advertised by the dealer as being fully original, I would be asking them to at least contribute to the cost of a new bezel...

6. Dmaskeze Sep 7, 2016

Update: no parts available at the moment, will alert me when they are in stock...? Contacted my local Norwich Service centre, http://michlmayr.com/ which are an authorised service centre...waiting hear back from them. At least they are local....It does look like a whole bezel replacement after research.... but someone might have one laying around somewhere you never know...