Forums Latest Members
  1. Dan13 Jun 25, 2012

Hello. I'm brand new here, so apologies if this is in the wrong place or anything. I was just hoping one of you experts could help me identify this watch. I was going to try to look up some information about it but I have no idea of the specifics. It's a manual-winding watch.

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

IMG_1370.jpg IMG_1371.jpg
  2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 25, 2012

Difficult to give meaningful information without pictures of the watch movement and inner caseback. Omega made so many variations of the manual wind watch that those pictures are a virtual necessity.

3. Dan13 Jun 25, 2012

Ok. I was hoping I wouldn't have to bring it in somewhere/remove the back, but realized that may be a long shot. My best bet is to head to a jeweler and have them take a look?

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 25, 2012

Jeweler or local watchmaker but take nice clear (focused) pictures of both the movement and inner caseback and we will be able to provide the information you requested. You can also try to do it yourself - lots of info on the web on how to open cases like this with a thin knife but without the experience you might harm yourself and/or the watch.

5. Dan13 Jun 26, 2012

Turns out it was a 1950-52 283. Thanks for the help.