Forums Latest Members
  1. Rebeltyler Jul 27, 2015

What's up everybody. Over the weekend I was looking in the local ads of my area and came across an older lady selling her late husbands collection of vintage watch parts. After looking through the pictures that she had posted I immediately recognized a JB Champion band. Similar to the NASA type but but not exactly the same, But still bad ass. Anyway in the photo I could only see one end link. After getting it in my hands I found that the other end was missing a few peices, Was just wanting to know if anyone knows of anybody that might have the parts and knowledge needed to fix? On to the photos.

Thanks, Tyler
    photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

JB Champion looks like they made this style band just to look good on the Speedmaster! haha
    photo 5.JPG

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 27, 2015

These may be hard to find. eBay probably your best bet.

3. TLIGuy Jul 27, 2015

I think you are going to be hard pressed to find the parts you need to repair the end piece unless you can find a very cheap donor bracelet to get the parts from or a generous OF member willing to help out. From what I can see you are missing the top and bottom pieces that form the center that attaches to the mesh end. Also, there are two springs that would go inside as well as an additional part or two or three or four.

This might give you a good idea about what is going on inside and what pieces you may need to source.

US3084412-1_zpsfsk76i03.JPG

I would applaud the effort but I really think this project may be a futile effort. This JB band is on the cheaper side because as you know it's not the traditional NASA style. If this is the style you are interested in I would probably try to source a complete bracelet. Too bad this was not in better shape. That would have been a nice pickup.

Edited Jul 27, 2015
    Rebeltyler likes this.
  4. Rebeltyler Jul 27, 2015

Dang, after seeing the drawing I think that you are right. I looked at an older post and people were saying that you could buy this style for cheaper to fix the true NASA band, So it would probably just be better to purchase a complete band like you suggested.

Thanks for the photo. Its crazy that something that looks so simple has so many things going on inside.

TLIGuy likes this.
  5. TLIGuy Jul 27, 2015

I would agree with this. If you had a NASA style mesh bracelet I could see buying this style to raid it for the end pieces.