Can I have help with my late mothers Omega watch, please

I have my mothers Omega watch, which has just been serviced, works perfectly, is a manual windup watch and the serial number 32220957. Is it a gold watch, or gold plated ? It shows 9K 375 on the inside of the case, but does that mean the whole case is gold ?
Also what would be an approximate value of this watch ? It is in very good condition with no scratches on face, and very minimal wear on the back.
I am in Australia and any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much.
20240210_141654.jpg 20240728_143319.jpg IMG_8042.jpg IMG_8043.jpg IMG_8044.jpg 1817670-2d642b52ecbce35f06796e5cf439a684.jpg

This model is called "Saphette", a rather upper end watch in that era

It shows 9K 375 on the inside of the case, but does that mean the whole case is gold ?
yes.

Like 1
Only the parts marked with a gold hallmark will be gold.
The bracelet is certainly not gold.
These little ladies watches have fallen out to fashion, which is a shame as this Saphette is a pretty little watch.

Like 2
The glass crystal is NOT glass. It is synthetic sapphire. The facets around the perimeter were placed there by the same method that the facets were placed on facetted gemstones. These synthetic sapphire crystals are very hard, and not subject to chipping and abrasion like a glass crystal would be. The Omega Sapphette line was from the 1960s, and were always karat gold cases. I’ve seen 14 karat gold and 18 karat gold. 9 karat is new to me. The watch was likely destined for somewhere in the British Commonwealth where 9 karat was popular. The watch appears to be in excellent condition, but that gawdawful bracelet doesn’t do it justice, at all (IMHO). A nice quality leather strap would be more aesthetically pleasing. This is a watch that deserves to be treasured!
Edited:

Like 1
The glass crystal is NOT glass. It is synthetic sapphire. The facets around the perimeter were placed there by the same method that the facets were placed on facetted gemstones. These synthetic sapphire crystals are very hard, and not subject to chipping and abrasion like a glass crystal would be. The Omega Sapphette line was from the 1960s, and were always karat gold cases. I’ve seen 14 karat gold and 18 karat gold. 9 karat is new to me. The watch was likely destined for somewhere in the British Commonwealth where 9 karat was popular. The watch appears to be in excellent condition, but that gawdawful bracelet doesn’t do it justice, at all (IMHO). A nice quality leather strap would be more aesthetically pleasing. This is a watch that deserves to be treasured!

Thank you so much for all that information. It is fascinating. Yes, it was purchased in Australia where 9 ct is popular. The band came with the watch when it was bought, so it's original.

Only the parts marked with a gold hallmark will be gold.
The bracelet is certainly not gold.
These little ladies watches have fallen out to fashion, which is a shame as this Saphette is a pretty little watch.

I knew the band wouldn't be gold, but am happy to know that the case is all solid gold. It is such a little watch, and looks really silly on my wrist. I wonder what the value of it would approximately be. Now that I have all your valuable information, it gives me lots to look for. Thank you

Thank you so much for all that information. It is fascinating. Yes, it was purchased in Australia where 9 ct is popular. The band came with the watch when it was bought, so it's original.

The Saphette line came in a huge variety of integrated cord ("shoe lace") straps and integrated metal bracelet straps.
The straps and bracelets were essentially "jewellery" items to complement the watch.

That bracelet may have been fitted to the watch at some stage, but unless it has Omega markings (which I doubt) it's not original.
This watch would have been first sold with a leather strap due to the extended lugs.

IMG_3618.JPG
IMG_3619.JPG

Like 3
The Saphette line came in a huge variety of integrated cord ("shoe lace") straps and integrated metal bracelet straps.
The straps and bracelets were essentially "jewellery" items to complement the watch.

That bracelet may have been fitted to the watch at some stage, but unless it has Omega markings (which I doubt) it's not original.
This watch would have been first sold with a leather strap due to the extended lugs.

IMG_3618.JPG
IMG_3619.JPG
Oh my goodness, that information you have posted is so interesting and amazing. Thank you so much. I really appreciate all your kind help. I think that I might keep it rather than sell it. What would be the best way to get an approximate idea of value ?

Sentimental value will far outweigh monetary value im afraid. These small ladies cocktail watches aren’t particularly collectible nowadays and they were made in fairly large number.
Value will be slightly above the gold value.

Like 1
...............What would be the best way to get an approximate idea of value ?

See above.
The value in the watch is mainly sentimental.
The current 1970s flexi bracelet detracts from the whole thing.
It's in excellent condition for its age and would look much better on a nice tapered leather strap that would draw attention to the watch which should actually be the focal centrepiece on your wrist.

Like 1
Sentimental value will far outweigh monetary value im afraid. These small ladies cocktail watches aren’t particularly collectible nowadays and they were made in fairly large number.
Value will be slightly above the gold value.
Thank you for that advice. Everyone on this forum has been so kind and have given so much valuable information. I really appreciate all the help

If you have an anyone in your family (daughter, niece, or nephew with particularly dainty wrists) then you will bring more joy to someone that you will get money out of it. These aren’t worth much beyond their gold melt value and that most likely what would happen to it if you sold it to a jewelry shop so keep that in mind.

Like 2

Omega would not have fitted that bracelet to that watch prior to the watch ending up in a jewellery store. Trust me! The bracelet is much newer than the watch, so it was put on by a previous owner for convenience. I worked for an Omega dealer in the 1960s, and in my opinion, that watch had a leather strap on it at the store that sold it. So if it pleases you the way it is, that is your decision.
Edited:

Like 1
Solid gold ladies* Omega's fetch less than what a jeweller would pay them for melting, so while no one delivered the hard truth, it's $200 ish at most for this watch, likely $100-200 - I sold the 18K white gold version which is much more valuable for around $300 and it took weeks to sell. The guy I sold it to gifted it to his sister, so it felt good even though it was at a loss

Definitely keep it at least one more generation

Like 1