Forums Latest Members

Can Hamilton & Omega live together in peace?

1. dlg May 18, 2016

So I recently got an Omega Speedmaster, and told myself that I would sell my other lower end watches to make up for the purchase. I am not in any way well off, and I bought this Omega via financing, and cannot just leave watches lying around. However, I'm having a really hard time selling two of my Hamiltons. One of them is a Team Earth limited edition, and is not easy to find anymore. The other... well I just love the look of the Pioneer Chrono marine style watch.

Can a respectable watch enthusiast/collector have a few Hamilton's and an Omega in their watch collection? I know.. it might seem like a pompous question, im just curious to hear your thoughts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deafboy and OMGRLX like this.
  2. abrod520 May 18, 2016

You can have whatever you want in your collection. If you like them and don't need to sell them in order to afford the Speedmaster, keep them for a while and wear them in rotation with the Speedmaster. You may find later on down the line that you don't care for them as much anymore, or you may find that you enjoy wearing them in different situations than the Speedmaster - then you can make a more informed decision.

Longbow, Mad Dog, Lonestar and 7 others like this.
  3. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 18, 2016

whatever you can afford within reason, don't get divorced over, and your kid's college fund won't suffer from... :)

Mad Dog, ahartfie, dlg and 1 other person like this.
  4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! May 18, 2016

No rules. Do as you please.

Willem023, Longbow, Davidt and 6 others like this.
  5. Flingit1200s May 18, 2016

No self respecting Speedy owner would have anything other than Omega in his or her possession. I am NOT a self respecting Speedy owner. :whipped: On a serious note, pay for watches with cash on hand. :thumbsup:

OMGRLX likes this.
  6. Pvt-Public May 18, 2016

Or even 2 Omegas and 7 Hamiltons. They get along just fine, no fighting at all.
    IMG_0622.JPG

watchthirst likes this.
  7. jimdgreat1 May 18, 2016

Lonestar likes this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 18, 2016

I think many members here think a Seiko is an essential watch in a collection. Hamiltons are great watches.
    Love that Khaki with the fluted dial.

lillatroll likes this.
  9. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip May 18, 2016

I have a 1934 Drake that was my grandfather's and its a classic. I also have a Khaki Automatic. They get as much wrist time as my vintage pieces, Omegas and Seikos. They will be in the stable for quite a while

Mad Dog, Foo2rama and dlg like this.
  10. proximal May 18, 2016

They're all Swatches. Hope this helps.

Lonestar and dlg like this.
  11. Donn Chambers May 18, 2016

You can certainly have Hamilton watches in your collection. You could have Casios or Timexes as well. It's your collection. If you like it, keep it.

I've reduced my collection consirably in the last few months, keeping only watches I actually wear on a regular basis. It now consists of an Omega flightmaster, a First Omega in Space Speedmaster, and a Seiko solar diver for wearing at the beach or in the water. That's it. Everything else is gone, because I never wore them and did not enjoy them anymore.

That collection works for me at the moment, but might not for others. Doesn't bother me in the least.

12. GBTRIUMPH May 18, 2016

Ya hadda go an say it! I have been dodging the "next watch" purchase...I would like a nice "dressy" watch for less money than my Aqua Terra....and Hamilton is where I'll find it. Shame on you! I was working on breaking my watch addiction...and you HAD to say the "H" word!...
    I like that casual Khaki a LOT...easily readable, every bit is functional and useful. Nice choice!

Mad Dog and dlg like this.
  13. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise May 19, 2016

if you hate your AT, i can help relieve you of that abomination real quick. :)

14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 19, 2016

Sell them, take the hit on value if needed and put the money towards the Speedmaster financing. All part of changing watch focus. Has happened to the best of us. You knew when you started to try to sell the Hamilton,s you have moved on.
    Can't sell them is not a reason to hold on to them.

Where are you trying to sell them?

OMGRLX and dlg like this.
  15. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus May 19, 2016

Brotherly love here. 1963 Omega Constellation, 1927 Hamilton Barrel "Engraved"

FullSizeRender copy 2.jpg

Ezurcc, peatnick, ahartfie and 6 others like this.
  16. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 19, 2016

I think dig's hard time selling the Hamiltons in strictly emotional.

OMGRLX and dlg like this.
  17. dlg May 19, 2016

Aren't all our purchases partly emotional? ;)

Trying for eBay, as it's my most used selling marketplace.

Partly the reason I don't want to give up the Hamilton Team Earth Khaki is because it was a limited edition, and it's pretty hard to find these days. I do love the way it looks though, and its got a very accurate and robust movement (ETA 2824).

18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 19, 2016

image.jpeg

OMGRLX likes this.
  19. SeanO May 19, 2016

Good lord man, wash your mouth out with soap for even uttering such blasphemy. No self respecting Hamilton aficionado should contemplate such a heinous crime.

Seriously, they're just another round case watch, unlike Hamilton.

20. Mr Bing May 19, 2016

A Hamilton was my first automatic watch and I've always had a soft spot for them. That 'Team Earth' is a beauty, keep it or you might regret it later.

dlg likes this.