Forums Latest Members

Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement strap for the new 39.5mm Seamaster Planet Ocean?

1. Continuum May 23, 2017

Hi all, I've been searching for a replacement strap for my 39.5mm Seamaster Planet Ocean. I went to the Omega store in NYC and they informed me that because this a new size/model, Omega doesn't have any replacement straps available at this time (outside of NATO straps which I'm not interested in). Specifically, they said the watch requires a 19 mm integrated strap.

I'm thinking either a sportier rubber strap or a strap with orange stitching would look better than the OEM strap that came with the watch (the white stitching/leather is a bit too formal for what I'm looking for).

Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm having a hard time getting to the bottom of this.

Thanks!

20170523_220234.jpg
  2. jud May 23, 2017

I don't have an answer, just wanted to say, nice watch.

Continuum likes this.
  3. jzzmusician May 23, 2017

Yeah, nice enough to start me looking for one.

Continuum likes this.
  4. Continuum May 23, 2017

Thanks. Thoughts on how the strap looks? I will say that I'm happy I went with the 39.5mm model although I spent a lot of time second guessing that decision early on.

5. ras47 May 23, 2017

An Omega Boutique will have a strap for your watch but you'll pay top dollar for it there. Really, any 19mm strap will work but if you have a deployment clasp you will need to make sure the strap is sized for it at the ends. You can get something inexpensive from the sales section of this forum, or pay a little more for something authentic.

6. Tonneau1 May 23, 2017

nice watch!

IMO, you can have something made custom from Camille Fournet or ABP of better quality than the factory Omega straps, for less money; you can even pick your color, padding type and height, hole size; everything. That's the route I'd go

sxl2004 and Foo2rama like this.
  7. w.finkenstaedt May 24, 2017

There are plenty of 19mm options. It doesn't need to be integrated. Sounds like you were talking to someone that doesn't really know straps.

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. rominvicta May 24, 2017

You have OEM straps options of different colour. UK price is 260 GBP. If OB in London may order them so does the OB you refer to.

9. thatonewatchdude May 24, 2017

Are you looking to have the same exact strap for the future as a replacement, or are you just looking into 19mm straps in general for your timepiece?

10. Continuum May 25, 2017

UPDATE --

I went back to the Omega store and they were extremely helpful this time. After spending over an hour trying to find a replacement for this model (which is EXTREMELY difficult), they were able to jerry-rig this black on black nylon/rubber strap. I think it looks incredible.

Now I just need to sell the old strap which is apparently expensive on its own.

20170525_152512.jpg 20170525_152501.jpg
    rob09, SamQue and fskywalker like this.
  11. yinzerniner May 25, 2017

Very nice, that's the cordura strap that goes with the Speedy Racing series. Looks amazing and really matches well with your new PO.

Just a word of caution - these were the first run of Omega cordura straps and the padding inside might not be waterproof so be sure you either check with the OB or just don't wear it in the drink.

Foo2rama and Continuum like this.
  12. Continuum May 25, 2017

Thanks for the heads up @yinzerniner, I will call the store to ask them again. She suggested it was fine with water, but now I want to double check.

13. w.finkenstaedt May 25, 2017

If it's the strap I'm thinking of, it's actually for the last gen of the Speedmaster Date, which makes the inside rubber as opposed to the DSOTM style, which has calfskin.

Foo2rama and Continuum like this.
  14. Continuum May 25, 2017

Foo2rama likes this.
  15. yinzerniner May 25, 2017

Sorry, meant to say Speedmaster Date. Speedmaster Racing series came with the full rubber straps.

As stated in my earlier post that's not necessarily true. Early Omega deploy straps that were made with rubber often had inferior interior padding material which disintegrated after water exposure, so even if the rubber was ok the padding would crap out and cause the strap to lose structural integrity. However later rubber straps moved to a more stable padding, and the latest strap, even those with leather inner lining material, are safe for water exposure. Omega updates straps that are still in use with current models, but you can't really tell if you have an updated one without comparing it to an older model (see: differences between old and new rallye strap). But if the Omega assistant (who sounds a lot better than the earlier help) confirmed that the strap is OK for water then it should be fine. Worse case scenario, even if it's not water safe the OB would probably replace it since they told you it was.

16. jud May 25, 2017

Agreed. I was hoping the 300 would be my next watch, but at 39.5 this is right in my wheelhouse.

17. mcdill the pig May 27, 2017

Nice. I would have suggested a 20mm Eulit perlon (one piece or two piece). I use the two piece on my 19mm Tudor Black Bay.

18. fskywalker Aug 13, 2017

Awesome picture of 39.5 PO and nice find on an alternate band, looks very nice on it! :)

Edited Aug 13, 2017
  19. sevenhelmet Aug 13, 2017

Nice watch! I have the same model. I've been looking for a bracelet for mine. Although I really enjoy the rubber/leather strap, it is nice to have multiple options. Looks like I'll be going to the Omega store sometime.

fskywalker likes this.
  20. fskywalker Oct 8, 2017

PM me if you are selling the black OEM leather / rubber band