Forums Latest Members

Can Anyone Tell Me More About This Omega?

1. ottoman Dec 27, 2012

I don't know a huge amount about Omegas as I a fairly new to this hobby. My grandad has this Omega constellation, he said he purchased it in the 70s for about £300. Can anyone tell me more about it and what it may be worth now? (I have also included a pic of my speedmaster!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ulackfocus Dec 27, 2012

Hummers have a devote following, but they're a maintenance problem and don't fetch the premium the automatic Constellations do.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 27, 2012

Yea, what Dennis said exactly, the case style is out of fashion, and tuning fork movements just cost too much to keep running. Nice choice in the Speedmaster though!

If its your grandad's watch and it has a sentimental value then by all means go ahead and service it and wear it but there's likely to be very little value in it beyond parts.

4. Mothra Dec 28, 2012

I am looking for a gold constellation f300 to replace a stainless steel seamaster tuning fork I have - but im only prepared to pay what id get for the seamaster (probably £250) tops. I don't know if that helps at all give an idea of how it'll go... I may have to be patient at that buying price, but I'll get one in the end.

5. ottoman Jan 5, 2013

Thanks a lot for the comments, much appreciated!