Forums Latest Members
  1. Piers May 16, 2015

Hello all,
    Completely new to the forum so forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place, I have inherited an Omega watch from my Father recently and I have no idea what I have in my possession, apart from it's a speed master automatic that he bought, I belive in the early eighties. I would love know more information about it, also what is the best course of action to have a new braclett attached as the one on it has seen better days. I know it needs a service which I will be getting soon but after reading on the forum for a while it seems best to keep the watch as original as possible.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    New guy,
    Piers.. image.jpg
    image.jpg

2. lenny May 16, 2015

It's a speedmaster 176.0012, nicknamed the mark 4.5. There is more info here:
    http://www.chronomaddox.com/c1045_in_detail.html

*edit, this is incorrect --- >The caseback is incorrect though, it should say speedmaster, not seamaster.

Seamaster is correct.

Edited May 16, 2015
  3. Piers May 16, 2015

Thank you so much, I did wonder why the front said speedmaster and back had seamaster, he did have it serviced regularly though.. Thanks again..

4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! May 16, 2015

Actually, I believe the caseback is correct for this model.

5. lenny May 16, 2015

Disregard the seamaster observation. It is apparently correct. I just looked at mine and it's the same. Whoops...

Piers likes this.
  6. Piers May 16, 2015

I got a little worried there, like I say my Dad had this on his wrist all the time and as a young lad I loved it, it's a honour to wear his watch...

7. lenny May 16, 2015

Sorry about that. Had the thing on my desk and never even thought to look at the caseback.

Here's some info on the seamaster caseback from an older post:

"The seamaster back is because Speedmasters were originally part of the Seamaster line, which was originally used to designate waterproof technology and only gradually narrowed down to the specific sports/dive watch lines of today."
    -SpikiSpikester

Reference -->https://omegaforums.net/threads/mk-4-5-speedy-query.5458/

Edited May 16, 2015
  8. Piers May 16, 2015

Lenny,
    I have learnt more from you in ten minutes than I have searching the bloody web for a month, much appreciated friend.

VetPsychWars and DLT222 like this.