Forums Latest Members

Can anyone take me to school on speedy 1151 triple?

1. BradleyJ. Jan 3, 2019

I've loved watches for a long time but it wasn't until earlier this year when I bought my first Omega was I truly in love with a certain brand. What I'm getting at is I am not anywhere educated enough on Omega specifics when it come to used purchases. (I'm an Omega newb) This is my first post so I wanted to get that outa the way.

So I love my current speedmaster but day to day I really like having day and date complications. I have terrible memory and I fill out tons of paperwork which requires day and date. Also I work crazy hours traveling around the state to the point I don't even know what day of the week it is. With that said I find myself wearing my lower end Seikos or even my Tissot Visodate just so I can have these functions. (The Visodate is too dressy looking for my daily routine but I use it anyway haha) This has made me search out Omegas with the complications I need. I'm considering a few 60s and 70s pieces but i came across a speedmaster triple and i figured I'd show it here to see what anyone thinks.... there are so many variations of this watch my head is spinning. So here's my questions

What year is the watch?
    What should I be looking out for?
    How reliable is the 1151
    Pros and cons with the automatic (I really like the manual wind and this will be my daily beater so I feel automatic is the way to go, but I'dstill prefer manual)
    I understand this model is not desirable but what should I expect to pay? (The watch shop is local so I can check out condition, they are asking 2200usd, includes original box and papers. Dealer claims condition is 9 outa 10)

I'm sure I'm forgetting some questions but I guess that's it for now.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Brad

I'm bad with photo uploads so I hope this comes thru

20190103_193230.jpg 20190103_193246.jpg
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 3, 2019

Solid watch and good movement. Actually a nice watch. Just not collectable like the moon watch.
    I know a dealer in Aus that can not get enough of these as they are good sellers.
    Price is not that bad.

3. Jantar Jan 3, 2019

I have this exact model. I’ve had mine for about 15 years now. The movement has been very reliable. I think they came out around 1999.

The service I did in 2016 cost me $750 from Omega.

I *gasp* swim and shower in this one, but it did leak once (recently) and had to be overhauled but that’s another story. I’d swim in it again without hesitation.

If you like it I’d go for it.

E47249BD-41DB-4E35-A585-AF77D4F22380.jpeg

STANDY likes this.
  4. BradleyJ. Jan 3, 2019

Glad to hear you like yours. This will be my workhorse so I'm glad to hear you swim and everything else with yours Haha.