Can anyone recommend an inexpensive but decent quality leather strap?

Something around $30 USD or less? Thanks.

Sometimes you can get a good deal on auctions on eBay by trustedbrands. I got a croc strap for 50 bucks lately. Sometimes they fly under thé radar. Or bé loyal to your WM or jeweler

I can't personally attest to the quality, but I see some Hadley-Roma, DeBeer, and Fluco branded straps at Holben's in that price range. I think I've seen Fluco mentioned in some other strap threads as being decent quality.

Hodinkee sale seems to have many nice ones discounted

I have found many very nice high quality hand made straps from Vietnamese sellers on eBay. The prices have gone up, but good deals are still out there. You can't search by country, so it takes a bit of patience. You just watch where it is being shipped from.
Artifex Leather Works, formerly 'Lone Star Treasure,' (eBay) does amazing work. I have bought many straps from them, but they are in the $50 and up range, worth a look though. 02strapsandwatchbands, also on eBay, has plenty of straps a little under $30.00. They also have more expensive ones. I have bought many from them and have always been happy. Good luck with your search. I am a bit of a strab snob, so I have spent a lot of time searching.

Agree with Etsy and/or eBay; some Eastern European places too. Got a nice green leather 3watch roll for pretty cheap last year from the Ukraine. Shipping usually takes longer but quality usually good.

If you don't mind buying international, there are some great Fluco straps on eBay usually quite a bit cheaper direct from Germany.
Not $30usd but I love their shell cordovan straps (I think I have around 6 of them by now 🤦).

Something around $30 USD or less? Thanks.
Rios1931 and Hirsch are the cheapest <quality> straps I would recommend, but you aren’t going to find a new one for $30. Their calfskin straps start around $35.

Rios1931 and Hirsch are the cheapest <quality> straps I would recommend, but you aren’t going to find a new one for $30. Their calfskin straps start around $35.
Another vote for Rios, but wait for a sale. They typically offer 25% off their straps for a few days around most holidays.

Another vote for Rios, but wait for a sale. They typically offer 25% off their straps for a few days around most holidays.
Isn’t Rios for companies only? Tried to sign up once and it said it was for businesses.

Isn’t Rios for companies only? Tried to sign up once and it said it was for businesses.
No, they sell directly to consumers. Where are you located?

I am in Europe. I get this from their German based website. It seems I would have to go through some of the retailers.

Honestly not a huge fan of Rios, however they seem to be popular. I received a watch with a Rios strap and forced myself to wear it a few days but it's on the shelf. It felt, well, plasticy even thought it is definitely leather.

I replaced it with a strap from https://handdn.com/

I seem to remember a Lithuanian seller for Rios straps on eBay who was pretty cheap.

Honestly not a huge fan of Rios, however they seem to be popular. I received a watch with a Rios strap and forced myself to wear it a few days but it's on the shelf. It felt, well, plasticy even thought it is definitely leather.

I replaced it with a strap from https://handdn.com/
Depends on the strap, perhaps. I guess that I’ve had good luck. Have purchased alligator, crocodile, ostrich, pigskin, teju lizard and several leather straps from them. All have been good.

Depends on the strap, perhaps. I guess that I’ve had good luck. Have purchased alligator, crocodile, ostrich, pigskin, teju lizard and several leather straps from them. All have been good.
It was likely one from the bottom of the bin. It came on my Constellation from the watch shop, and it was new, but they likely didn't spend a lot on it. Here's a quick pic of the one I have. It is nicely stamped with Rios on the buckle which is a nice touch.