Forums Latest Members
  1. CoAhTez Feb 28, 2021

Hi everyone. I am currently moving house and I had completely forgotten about this watch that has been sitting in a box for about 20 years. I think I recall my mother saying it was originally purchased by my Great Grandfather.

Is anyone able to identify what model this may be and give an approximation on when it was made?

I have searched Ebay but I cannot find an Omega watch that has the same face as this one.

Apologies if I have not given enough information. I know nothing about watches.

Watch.jpg Watch 2.jpg
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 28, 2021

Omega Seamaster :thumbsup: late 50s early 60s at a guess..

All info is inside case back. Model # and serial #
    Common model with a solid movement and would come up a treat with a service and a nice leather strap.
    Crown is all I can see wrong but easy to find

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 28, 2021

What he said, ditch the bracelet, get it serviced and on a new strap and you'll have a very nice Omega.
    Probably houses a 500 series movement which, as Andy noted, is well respected.

Ignore the fake stuff and start learning here.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/how-do-i-identify-my-vintage-omega-watch.93146/

4. CoAhTez Feb 28, 2021

Thank you so much guys. Do you know how much these normally go for if they are serviced?

I would prefer not to sell it, but it but 2020 has been a rough year.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 28, 2021

If you have to sell it, don't do anything to it, paying for a service will not increase value enough.

Put it on eBay with a realistic starting price and the auction will find you the right price.

If you put the starting price too high it'll end up like this one.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 17.52.20.png

6. CoAhTez Feb 28, 2021

Oh dear haha. Well, I am moving to Asia soon. I will take it with me and decide what to do with it.

I would love to have it serviced and wear it. It is not every day you see someone wearing a watch from the 60s!

murph likes this.