Forums Latest Members

Can anyone ID this Bulova by model ?

1. Professor Apr 24, 2018

Hi

just won this 1982 Bulova watch for a very low bid price considering its apparent condition.
    I expect it drew little attention from Bulova lovers because its a presentation watch of some sort with a huge logo on the dial.

The dial looks nearly new condition but I really would like to replace it at some later date.
    I already found one not expensive s-l1600 (41).jpg s-l1600 (43).jpg s-l1600 (42).jpg NOS "Whale" dial with day and date window that might be what I want but I'm not sure exactly what model I have other than its from the early 80's and looks to be a self winder.
    The Whale dial looks in perfect shape but I'm not crazy about its copper tone and rather generic numerals.
    I'd rather scare up a satin finish dial with straw markers or a mix of straw and numerals, something fairly nice.
    The seller gave very little in the way of description only saying its in running condition. At the very low price I got it for I can probably afford to have it professionally serviced and still come out ahead, especially if I can find a proper replacement dial and have it switched out at the same time.

2. Canuck Apr 24, 2018

While you wait for an answer here, you might consider posting this on the Bulova enthusiasts forum. I seriously doubt that model actually had a name.

http://www.mybulova.com/

3. Professor Apr 24, 2018

Thanks I'll do that.