Forums Latest Members

Can anyone give me any information on this Omega watch?

1. RMB Feb 2, 2015

I was given this watch many years ago. I believe it is around 1960/69. It is a gold watch (obviously!) but not sure how many carat. It is automatic (keeps very good time from the limited time I have worn it.) Obviously the strap is new. Other than that don't know anything else about it. I am thinking of selling it but would love to learn more so I can try and get a fair appraisal of its value.

IMG_1905.JPG IMG_1906.JPG IMG_1907.JPG IMG_1908.JPG IMG_1909.JPG
  2. RMB Feb 2, 2015

Sorry my mistake! Manual winder not an automatic! It's roughly 32mm diameter as well.

3. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Feb 2, 2015

Need to see the inside to see the movement and inner caseback to give you some answers.

4. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Feb 2, 2015

are you comfortable popping off the back? If not, get a watchmaker to do it for you...

5. RMB Feb 2, 2015

Thanks dougiedude..I suspected as much. Don't have any tools and am a bit nervous in case I scratch it! So will have to pop it into a jewellers and get them to open it and take some pics whilst I'm there. Will post some more pics when I get inside.

6. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Feb 2, 2015

Great! Look forward to seeing more pics...

7. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Feb 3, 2015

Thats one too many questions Dougie

STANDY likes this.
  8. RMB Mar 8, 2015

Hi I have now managed to remove the rear cover and enclose some pictures I took of the movement and hallmark markings. I have also enclosed a result I found online for the hallmark.. Does anyone know a fair price I should be seeking for this watch when selling?

Thanks

IMG_2022.JPG IMG_2024.JPG OMAGA HALLMARK RESULTS.jpg
  9. Sherbie Mar 8, 2015

Yes, this 9ct case made was in birmingham by alfred lufkin Dennison - good cases - and these sub seconds at 6 o'clock were common after the war.

If you search the web you will find a good reference on dennison cases - well worth a read

Seen these in antique shops sell for gbp 400 or so, but will depend on the dial and case condition - you dial looks tarnished to me

You wont find an omega refernce for this watch in the omega vintage database by the way

Why not get it serviced and keep it yourself?

Cheers, paul