Forums Latest Members

Can anyone give me any information about this Omega?

1. Hjonkmy Nov 3, 2013

Hi! I will start by saying I do not know much about watch craftsmanship or Omega watches specifically but would love one of you experts could help me learn more about this watch- time period, what it is made of..etc photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

This watch was given to me-belonged to my grandmother who owned it in the 40's-60's.

The watch face says - Omega and Anti magnetic underneath
    The back says Omega Swiss made- 18 /.750
    on the clasp it says "Omega 18k"
    Here are a few pictures. Anything would be helpful! Thanks!

2. Hjonkmy Nov 3, 2013

I apologize for posting the pictures so many times!!

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 3, 2013

Almost certainly a fake, unfortunately. Omega very rarely engraved watches with hallmarks on the outside of the caseback.

One way to get more information would be to have a jeweler test the case for gold content. I suspect that in your example, there is no gold.

Highly doubt that the diamonds are real either, but again, you need a jeweler to confirm this.

The 1960's were the "golden age" of faked Swiss watches.

http://books.google.com/books?output=html_text&id=fQEAAAAAMBAJ&jtp=54

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,
    gatorcpa

4. Hjonkmy Nov 3, 2013

That is ok!! Glad to know, and still special to me :) Thanks again

5. Poday Nov 4, 2013

That's a great attitude. Often times, sentimental value is much more important than "actual" value. If you choose to, you can earn enough money to buy any thing you want, but nothing can replace a gift from someone you care for. My most cherished possession is my grandfather's old razor. It's worth about $10.00 on eBay, but it is priceless to me.