can anyone confirm please <3

So i've been looking for a vintage omega watch for some time now but due to a lack of experience i personally can't tell if one is real or fake. I have been doing a lot of research on this one and it really looks to be legit and if it's not it is a very good fake in my eyes, on the inside i cant find any difference with the original on the outside all i could think of is the 2 balls next to the 12 o'clock stripe look a little bigger then most that i have seen and the font on the back plate looks a bit bigger then it should (this is how i see things i could be completely wrong please tell me) and the bracelet seems to be just fine.
Hope someone with the right knowledge and a good eye can correct me if i'm wrong.
(also it is a omega speedmaster from the year 1967 if the seller is telling the truth)
front.jpg backplate.jpg inside.jpg buckle.jpg side.jpg
Thanks to anyone that repsonds i really appreciate it! 😀
Greetings

46 million serial number is not 1967, nor is an 861 movement. The caseback is 1971 or later.

I wouldn’t call it a fake, I’d call it a franken — a combination of parts from different eras. It’s intended to fool the uneducated, because most here would immediately recognize its shortcomings.

46 million serial number is not 1967, nor is an 861 movement.

I wouldn’t call it a fake, I’d call it a franken — a combination of parts from different eras.
So it are in fact genuine parts just ones that where replaced on a later date?
also does this make it worth a lot less or does it not make that much diffrence
thanks for the fast reply btw

Actually, the whole piece is likely just an 80’s watch. I take back the franken slur. All the bits are consistent with it being a 1984 production watch.

Your seller just doesn’t know its date of origin, which could be a concern.

A wonderful resource: https://speedmaster101.com/
Edited:

Actually, the whole piece is probably just an 80’s watch. I take back the franken slur.

Your seller just doesn’t know its date of origin.
so it's all original then?

I think a 67 would have an applied logo and DON bezel as well - those are a quick spot if you don't have access to the movement..

I think a 67 would have an applied logo and DON bezel as well - those are a quick spot if you don't have access to the movement..
so you agree with airansun and think it is older?
also thanks for the quick replies guys you're really helping me out here 😁

so you agree with airansun and think it is older?
also thanks for the quick replies guys you're really helping me out here 😁

It’s a 1984 production watch
4A51D21A-1750-4F9B-AE35-8D7148AC22CB.jpeg

3B71854B-CADE-4D47-8969-D5E72C59DA19.jpeg

Without really knowing too much about it, yeah. I mean, they wouldn't put the inscription on the back before it's even been to the moon.. right? So, those are a few really basic ways to tell the age is off a bit, anyways.

As far as the rest, some more qualified can make the call..

It’s a 1984 production watch
4A51D21A-1750-4F9B-AE35-8D7148AC22CB.jpeg
Thanks you really helped me a lot didn't think i would have this much info that fast haha so do you have any thoughts on what the average price is on these because i have no clue 😀
(edit: you are amazing just saw the picture you added in the last post i could never find that much about ever in my life haha)

Without really knowing too much about it, yeah. I mean, they wouldn't put the inscription on the back before it's even been to the moon.. right? So, those are a few really basic ways to tell the age is off a bit, anyways.

As far as the rest, some more qualified can make the call..
Thanks for taking time to react i really apreciate it 😀

Frankly if you think that is a 1967 piece, you have so little knowledge to proceed that you should stop and do some reading as you are going to be paying way over the odds for an average watch. You are at this stage a mug punter and liable to buy the equivalent of magic beans. I half expect your inbox to be filled with less than scrupulous low life offering you a Speedy Reduced for the price of an Ultraman.

YW.
If you're looking, I'd keep the chart posted above handy - it could answer a lot of questions for you at a quick glance! Looks like a great resource.

Thanks you really helped me a lot didn't think i would have this much info that fast haha so do you have any thoughts on what the average price is on these because i have no clue 😀

You really should do some research, so you’re not dependent on others for picking good pieces.

Maybe $4k, maybe less given how dirty the movement appears to be. A lot depends on its condition, when examined in hand.

You really should do some research, so you’re not dependent on others for picking good pieces.

Maybe $4k, maybe less given how dirty the movement appears to be. A lot depends on its condition, when examined in hand.
thanks i will be saving all the things you send so i can do research using these in the future you have helped me so much i don't know how to thank you

Ditto.

You found a great bunch of ppl here, so you must have some luck.

Frankly if you think that is a 1967 piece, you have so little knowledge to proceed that you should stop and do some reading as you are going to be paying way over the odds for an average watch. You are at this stage a mug punter and liable to buy the equivalent of magic beans. I half expect your inbox to be filled with less than scrupulous low life offering you a Speedy Reduced for the price of an Ultraman.
This falls into the category of harsh but fair. Common sense alone would say that with a watch described as 1967 by the seller yet with a caseback saying it is the first watch worn on the moon, something is amiss.

I don't know if you are focused solely on the Speedmaster Professional, but if you are, Moonwatch Only by Gregoire Rossier and Anthony Marquie is worth thinking about buying. Expensive, but not in the context of the mistake you nearly made.

Edit - the current edition of Moonwatch Only is the 3rd Edition.