Forums Latest Members
  1. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 13, 2016

hi everyone

Came across a old drive with a lot of photos . Among them is my 2913-3 that I bought at a flea market back in 1994. First vintage watch I bought after my 4 year watch break. But that is another story. Super clear cal 501 . All original including bezel insert , to the best of my knowledge ....

Good Hunting
    Bill Sohne
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

KstateSkier, wwhntr, GaryUFM and 12 others like this.
  2. marturx Mar 14, 2016

Those were the days.... Since long gone now. Do you still have it?

Gorgeous piece!

3. watchlovr Mar 14, 2016

1994? You could buy these for pennies back then.

4. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 14, 2016

Hi

I still have it .... I remember walking thru the antique mart... A watch seller was there and I thought what the heck let me see what he had for sale knowing I would not be a buyer. I looked thru his case , and was about to talk on when tow guys were going back and forth on a watch and it caught my attention. I waited till the put it down and walked away to talk about it.. I picked it up and looked at it thought it was cool looking and was going to put it back but something was nagging at me so I bought it. Then 3 mins later the guys came back to buy it and they were shocked it was gone !

That started my next hunting season !

Good Hunting

Bill Sohne

smitty190373, JohnSteed and marturx like this.
  5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 14, 2016

Hey Bill - original countdown bezel like the one here is truly uncommon! I remember you told me many years ago now that the bezel for this watch was fragile so I tried to purchase these watches with the original bezels intact!

And having seen this watch in person I can say it's a spectacular piece.

6. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 14, 2016

Hey mike

It's been a long time since that breakfast gtg ... Simple two person GTG are great !

As I go thru my photos will post others . I also want to take updated pics of my Speedys ... An. All as found....

Good hunting

Bill

Charles@UW and red crowned like this.
  7. milwatch126 Mar 16, 2016

Yep, back in the day I bought a Tudor Mil Sub for 1400 US with decom papers and traded it for a gilt boys 5500 Explorer think I was the better off.
    Gone are the days indeed!

8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 16, 2016

Harder to meet up now that you've moved to the city! Hope things are going well for you there.