Forums Latest Members

Calling all 'Good Planet' Owners...

1. Superdoc Aug 6, 2013

We need more pictures of this beauty....

Had the opportunity to try on the Blue/Orange GMT this weekend in Aventura...

WOW!

The Blue/Orange is soooooo much more subtle than it seems in promo images...it is really very classy and beautiful...

The Ceramic and the dial are so shiny, and the size is Perfect!

I have the 42mm LE LM, the 45.5 8500 PO...so It was a weak argument that got no where with my wife that 43mm was needed to fill the void...

So, until I can convince her that my collection NEEDS Orange and blue in the same watch....I want to live vicariously through the current owners out there...

THIS may be the watch to have ( after my Dark Side Speedy, and the Museum Piece MD's Watch )...and, for no logical reason whatsoever....a white dial Ploprof...

watchme and Buck2466 like this.
  2. Sterling Aug 7, 2013

I love this watch, I wasn't sure about the colors at first, but the more I see it the better it looks.

3. FilmDave Aug 7, 2013

I was just at my AD today, asking about both the blue/orange GMT and the 42mm Blue PO Titanium on Rubber Strap -- he said neither one was out yet! Since the GMT has already shown up on a resale site, I knew he was off, but didn't press it.

Glad to hear it looks even better than the official photos -- which are already pretty great!

Any idea on US MSRP? My AD quoted $6500 for the GMT and $6200 for 42mm Blue. Since I didn't trust his explanation that they're not even out yet, I also question his recall on the prices...

And as a newbie, I wanted to ask -- are these the only two blue-faced Seamasters with a transparent back?

4. Superdoc Aug 7, 2013

I think the MSRP was 8100USD on bracelet...
    the 6200 for PO blue MIGHT be accurate - the GMT has a very interesting movement -

5. ctime3 Aug 7, 2013

I saw it at the boutique very cool looking. Your right the pics do not do it justice. That size is perfect the 45.5 is just too big. The crown digs in the hand. I had links in and out. The 42 is better but the 43 just right.

6. alam Aug 8, 2013

Too much text in this thread... lets see some pictures! To paraphrase a famous quote "I can't think without pictures" :)

7. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Aug 8, 2013

Too right Alam. I'm a vintage guy so blue and orange evokes the old Gulf racing colours to me. We need pictures - not now; RIGHT NOW.

8. ctime3 Aug 9, 2013

Some pics. Sorry I was in a rush and I am a bad photographer.

pic3.jpg pic4.jpg pic5.jpg pic6.jpg pic8.jpg watch1.jpg watch2.jpg
    Superdoc likes this.
  9. ctime3 Aug 9, 2013

The only blue I have seen with a see through back are are the Aqua Terra GMT, Planet Ocean GMT Good Planet, and the Titanium. The Aqua Terra 8500 with no complications in blue is one too. I have seen them all and I think they do a great job with blue. The website will not do them justice.

10. ctime3 Aug 9, 2013

Retail I believe on the Good Planet is 81 or. 82. 6200 is good I think. I doubt you will find it in the 5K range swell at least now

11. Superdoc Aug 13, 2013

Thanks for rescuing us...
    You may consider these sub-par photos, but they actually capture some of the beauty of this watch better than the Omega website/press photos..

Overall however I find that Omegas more than any other brand suffer from being unphotogenic....
    they are almost all universally soooo much better on the wrist...

MSRP is 8200 USD on the GMT Not sure what is up with your AD, other than him demonstrating the very essence of why the Boutique movement was born...

12. ctime3 Aug 13, 2013

Yes I was rushed with the photos. That was the boutique. I don't trust the AD's out here. I can take a picture of anything else you want.

13. FilmDave Aug 15, 2013

Just went to the boutique today and can confirm the $8200 for the GMT. The blue 42mm PO is actually much higher than the black/grey because it's liquid metal bezel. So pricing on that is $8000 for rubber strap and $8100 for bracelet. Also saw the black GMT and thought it looked great as well. So, another knock on the local AD. Good thing for the boutiques and these forums! :D

14. ctime3 Aug 16, 2013

Since I am the resident expert on this forum and the architect of the forum ( Just Kidding) I do like the gray bezel but if I was going to definitely purchase the PO GMT and I had to choose I like the blue and the orange. To me it is a watch you can never get sick of looking at. I have the liquid metal and the stainless and hats off to the liquid metal. Just like one guy on here told me when I was questioning the reliability of the speedmaster pro moonwatch, "It will probably outlast you." Good luck my friend. Charlie