Forums Latest Members
  1. Pvt-Public Apr 28, 2014

Can the 563 be hand wound or must you let the rotor wind it? Sorry for the stupid question but I can find nothing as far as instructions for the 563.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 28, 2014

It can be hand wound.

Cheers, Al

3. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 28, 2014

From a "stand-still" (not running), it SHOULD be hand wound. About 20 times. UNLESS! Unless it has not been serviced in over 5 yrs or so...then we (watch lovers) strongly urge you to have it cleaned/lubricated/adjusted prior to running so that you don't damage the movement.

4. Pvt-Public Apr 28, 2014

Was just wondering, it is sitting on my dresser until I can afford to get it serviced. It hasn't been worn in over 20 years. Although I did shake it a couple times just to see if it did work.

5. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 28, 2014

I recommend getting a service before winding further. Although a picture of the watch would be nice, I don't think I've ever met a 563-powered Omega I didn't like...!

6. Pvt-Public Apr 29, 2014

7. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Apr 29, 2014

Missed that thread somehow. Further evidence that I've never met a 563 I didn't like. The fact it belonged to your father makes it priceless (sorry for your loss).
    With service you can wear it and enjoy it with complete peace of mind.
    And after service, when it has wound down from not wearing it a few days/weeks, you should give it about 20 twists to get it going. Actually with a date model I first go around past midnight so the date changes and I know whether the watch is showing me AM or PM. Then I would wind it up a bit, set the time, think of Dad, and strap it on the wrist. Thanks for sharing.