Forums Latest Members
  1. sebilucus Nov 3, 2017

Dear everybody!
    I have this pocket watch with a cal. 40,6 L movement, but the click is missing. Unfortunately, this appears to be a less widespread variant of that movement, with a special kind of click/click spring.
    This is the more common variant with the round click with two points:
    s-l1600.jpg

And this is mine:
    DSCF0756.JPG

Here is a picture of an identical movement from the Internet with the extant click:
    click spring.jpg
    And this is a dismantled barrel bridge with the spring from below (it's already sold):
    barrel bridge.jpg

I have tried to search for a spare click like this, but I've found only the round version, which does not fit into my movement.
    I will be very grateful for any tips about where to get a long click like that (as I live in Hungary, I can only order it online).

PS. Extra question: what does this number on the dial side of the movement stand for? It is definitely not the movement serial number, as that is 6433958:
    DSCF0751.JPG

2. Oku Nov 3, 2017

3. François Pépin Nov 5, 2017

I have a similar - though a little bit different - click spring on one of the first 26,5. I have not seen that again... So I am afraid you may have a rare variant of the 40,6 as well.

4. sebilucus Nov 6, 2017

Thank you, it has to be it, as the dial fixing method of my watch is clearly the one depicted in the patent document.