Forums Latest Members
  1. Charles Pisano Nov 15, 2015

So, I recently acquired a "brand new" 3313 Planet Ocean Chronograph. The ladies 37.5mm version - hey, I've got small wrists and a daughter to pass it on to....

It was in all the original packaging, still tagged and dotted, all papers in order, from a reputable jeweller, etc. I wound it up and have been wearing it non-stop for a week, no pun intended as you'll see.

Last night, I wore it right until I went to bed at 5:00 a.m. I was walking around, active all night so it should have been plenty wound. I woke up this morning at 9:00 a.m., and it seemed to have stopped running at 8:30. I wound it back up, set the time and went on my way. It stopped at 11:00 a.m. I wound it up again, set the time, and now it seems to be stopping every 5 minutes. If I give it a good rotate on my wrist, it starts up again for 5 minutes or so, but stops again. Even more strange, once it stops, if I activate the chronograph, everything starts running again.

It's really throwing me for a loop, I'd love some info before I take it in.

Thanks all!

2. Charles Pisano Nov 15, 2015

Another update, it seems activating the chronograph just started the watch back up for a few seconds, everything is stopped again until wound or shaken up on the wrist

3. OmegaSean Nov 15, 2015

Take a few photos on your phone with times and do a video then just take it back, if it's a reputable jewellers they will sort it out quickly sound like something sticking (my PO runs for 56hrs on power reserve like you I wear it a lot) . When you wind it you can wind it fully as you can't overwind the watch so ensure it has a full wind 40-50 then time how long it runs.
    OmegaSean

Charles Pisano likes this.
  4. Charles Pisano Nov 15, 2015

Ok thanks for the help man. I guessed it might have been something sticking due to it sitting, unwound on a shelf for half a decade. But wouldn't this have to be a spring issue? I mean I do 40 winds, then it runs for roughly 5 minutes.

5. OmegaSean Nov 15, 2015

So if you got a 32 or 64Gb iPhone 5 mins is no problem (filming). Yes I think sitting on a shelf will be the issue you need @Archer to see this post he is the absolute authority on anything Omega.
    OmegaSean

UncleBuck likes this.
  6. abrod520 Nov 15, 2015

This happens to some of my older chronos, a quick service takes care of it. It could be that the hands are too tight, or a lubrication issue. The jeweler should take care of it without any problems.

7. Charles Pisano Nov 15, 2015

Yeah I see legendary whisper of Mr. Archer on just about every watch forum I've come across.

I have a local swatch group repair center about 40 minutes from my place, so that should be easy. I'm in Canada and bought the watch from a jeweler in the US so sending it back is out of the question.

8. abrod520 Nov 15, 2015

Swatch group repair center will take care of it too, just be sure to bring your original warranty card when you drop it off :)

9. Charles Pisano Nov 15, 2015

@abrod520 this is my first Omega purchased outside a boutique. Does it matter where it was purchased from? Or as long as I have the paperwork should everything be OK?

10. abrod520 Nov 15, 2015

As long as you have the official Omega warranty card (red, has your watch's serial # on it), you can get your watch serviced at any Omega Boutique or authorized service center in the world. If you bought it grey-market and the jeweler offered their own warranty though, you'll have to take it back to them.

Charles Pisano and OmegaSean like this.
  11. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Nov 15, 2015

just take it back and let others (=omega ) sort it out ... its not running as it should ... the reason why is O.'s problem

cheers

12. Charles Pisano Nov 15, 2015

Fantastic, thanks for chiming in everyone - I really appreciate it

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 15, 2015

Hello Charles and welcome to OF.

If the watch is fully wound (sounds like it should be) and not running, then it sounds like a service is in order. The 3313 and its non co-axial cousins can be tricky to service for the unitiatiated, so if a local watchmaker is not familiar with the quirks and upgrades required to the F. Piguet base movement, or if they have not had co-axial training from Omega, you should probably take it to Omega for this service.

You might also want to ask Omega to update the co-aixial escapement to the "C" version if it is an A or B version in the watch. This is a 3 level co-axial that will be much more reliable than the 2 level escapement is.

Cheers, Al

14. Charles Pisano Nov 15, 2015

Beautiful response, thanks so much man! Will-do

15. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Nov 15, 2015

See, you like it here already, eh ?

Al (Archer) is a real treasure here.
    We have others, too!

16. Charles Pisano Nov 15, 2015

Love it!