Forums Latest Members
  1. Jhtjon Sep 20, 2016

While helping my mother clean out some of my recently deceased father things we came upon this Omega Automatic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From what i've been able to tell it is a 1952 Caliber 344 with a case reference of F6262. I know the band is not correct it was just something I threw on it to wear. What I would like to know is what band should it have come with, and what if any maintenance should be performed on the watch. Currently the watch works well but looses approximately three minutes a day. I spoke to Swatch Group, they informed me that they would not even work on it and it would have to be returned to Switzerland to be serviced . I find that hard to believe but stranger things have happened.

Thanks in advance for any information.

2. davidswiss Sep 20, 2016

Where are you ? If in the UK STS in Essex will sort it out. If in the USA/Canada I guess Archer of this parish is your man.
    In the mean time if it's not been serviced and lubricated don't wear it or wind it.
    Good luck.

3. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 20, 2016

Any decent independent watchmaker could service it, no doubt. The dial has been refinished long ago.

4. Canuck Sep 21, 2016

Welcome,

Nice watch! I have two "bumpers" of my own.

Other than to find an advertisement contemporary with the watch, there is likely no way to identify what strap or bracelet would have been on the watch, when new. The excellent condition of the lugs seems to tell me that the watch has had leather straps on it, for most of its years. Metal bracelets wear the lugs away. These bumper Omega movements are well within the range of a competent service person who is familiar with antique watches. If you plan on using the watch, it really would be best to have it serviced. But don't take it to the watch repair kiosk in the department store of your local mall! Tell us where you live, and maybe we can recommend someone.

5. Jhtjon Sep 29, 2016

I live in New Jersey. I am actually considering having some light restoration work done is there someone that excels with 1950 Omegas

6. Canuck Sep 29, 2016

If you Google Watch Repairs New Jersey, you will find many listings in NJ and NY. I am not familiar with any shops in the area, so you'd pretty much be on your own. Hopefully, someone from your area will reply with a recommendation. You might also check the American Watch & Clock Institute (AWCI) website. I understand they have a listing of people who do this work. If you are not averse to mailing your watch, there are several people I could recommend. Let us know how you make out.