Forums Latest Members
  1. rugbybodders Apr 14, 2018

So joined this forum about a week ago for a bit of help which I swiftly received. Much appreciated.

I’ve also found out a lot more about the vintage Omega which I never knew before, like the model number (165.045) and the movement caliber, which brings me to my next question!

What are the features of this movement? Does it have a wind up reserve? I’ve got a lose crown so can’t test this.

Also I can wind the date forward or backwards, is this correct?

So any information would be greatly received, mainly because I’m really interested in how stuff works!

Thanks in advance.

2. Vanallard Apr 14, 2018

3. rugbybodders Apr 15, 2018

Hi, what is the ‘hack feature’ listed under features?

4. felsby I don't see any option in settings or profile Apr 15, 2018

efauser likes this.
  5. Croweater Apr 15, 2018

hack feature,the second hand stops when the crown is pulled out.Used to synchronize timing.

felsby likes this.
  6. rugbybodders Apr 15, 2018

Cheers!

felsby likes this.
  7. simonsays Apr 15, 2018

This movement was the much lauded replacement for the 552, which had been doing a sterling job for many years. I think it was a bit of a disappointment for the people who had to work on it. It is not pretty to look at and the rose copper finishing is a bit lack lustre, compared to its predecessor. It had a few issues I think, and after 3 years was superseded by the 1012. Having said that, its a hi beat movement made in house and powers many watches including the Seamaster SM600 Ploprof.

edit; The ability to quickset the date forward and backwards is a great feature!

Edited Apr 15, 2018
  8. rugbybodders Apr 15, 2018

Guessing that parts and servicing is fairly straight forward then?