Forums Latest Members
  1. eron May 24, 2012

Just had this Omega serviced after aquiring it in a bulk lot of watches frrom evil-bay., I've included listing photo I spotted the watch in, this was the only listing photo I had to go from and the description was vague at best, I bid a nominal amount and was very happy to win.
    The watchmaker looked after me very well, okayed it and performed minimal service to the caliber 601, it was apparently a little dry and he fixed a shifting problem with the sweeping hand.
    Watch was last serviced in 1988, case never polished. I've cloaked the serial number, it dates from around 1968.
    I recognised the Seamaster and Geneve at the bottom and have always admired them, usually as separate serial identities, is there any significance to both names appearing on the dial together?.., I would appreciate forum suggestions for authentic bands/bracelets or buckles to match this era..
    This is my first vintage Omega and plan to add a few more from the 50's-60'sSeamaster series.
    Sorry about photos, I took them on the shop bench.

Image030.jpg Image029.jpg Image018.jpg Watches.png
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 24, 2012

I've moved this to its own thread

3. ulackfocus May 24, 2012

This watch was part of the Seamaster line, but it's not uncommon to see Genève on the dial. Looks okay to me.

4. eron May 24, 2012

nice, you included the è. It looks more than okay., I would liked to have included high resolution images .