Forums Latest Members
  1. Skv Sep 3, 2014

Hi all!

I have found this Seamaster cal 591:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The highest bid so far is Eur 250. Though I do know my fair share about vintage Constellatilons, I am not really into Seamasters.
    Thus, I call upon you guys! Any comments on the originality of this watch? I have found a few examples with different hands on the WUS forums. The example posted above has 'dauphine' style hands.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Skv Sep 3, 2014

3. ulackfocus Sep 3, 2014

Alpha style hands were the norm on the 591, but dauphine were normal for that era too. Who's to say if they're original to the watch though? Besides being polished quite a bit, something else looks funny about that watch, maybe the crystal retainer ring.

That's my old watch. ;)

4. Skv Sep 3, 2014

Love your old watch, ulf!

Now that I have sold my 1967 pie pan, I'm longing for something from that era to replace it.
    I found myself also having some doubts with the retainer ring. It seems to be a bit too.. present, in a way.

How can one tell if the case is heavily polished? I always just look at the edges (are these sharp or round?) and thought they were pretty crisp for this example. I am not sure what the original finishing was like.

I have asked the seller if it has the original crystal, or generic replacement.

Here's another example that I stumbled upon on OF: [​IMG]

5. Skv Sep 3, 2014

Any other thoughts?