Forums Latest Members
  1. M'Bob Mar 22, 2014

It's been my experience that the lower (return; 4 o'clock) pusher on 321's are always a bit stiffer than the upper, and have more of a definite click. However, on one of mine I can barely depress the button. Is the problem in the pusher itself, or more likely in the movement?

Many thanks,

M'Bob

2. Hijak Mar 22, 2014

Al (Archer) could answer this.:thumbsup:

3. woodwkr2 Mar 22, 2014

If you're encountering significant resistance when activating the pusher and it's not due to a glob of spilled food or something on the outside of the case--STOP PUSHING IT! Continuing to do so will bend or snap the parts involved in the mechanism. The problem is likely on the movement side, as the pushers themselves are very simple.

You may find that the watch's power reserve or timekeeping is compromised depending on whether the problem with the chrono is adding extra resistance to the base movement.

Regardless, it's time for an appointment with the watchmaker.

4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 22, 2014

could be a simple adjustment under the dial. the lever, who is operated by the pusher, needs adjusting and a bit of grease. something for your watchmaker......kind regards. achim

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 23, 2014

The spring inside the pusher is easy to compress, so it's most likely an issue with the movement. Most likely on the dial side since the resetting on the train side is simply releasing the hammer. On the dial side you are moving the hammer against a spring, so it takes more effort to reset the hour recorder portion.

As noted, don't force it...

Cheers, Al

6. M'Bob Mar 24, 2014

Gentlemen,

Many thanks for your input.

M'Bob.