Forums Latest Members
  1. mozambique Oct 29, 2015

For the mechanically inclined amongst you - any thoughts on possible causes, ease of fixing, $$$?

Thanks in advance!

2. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Oct 29, 2015

If it's the chrono seconds hand you can just remove it and reattach it at 12.

3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 29, 2015

May just be a quick / cheap adjustment.

May imply that a full service is in order. On the latter, an 'overhaul' at an Omega certified repair shop would probably run about $700 USD I believe. An independent would be less, if parts aren't an issue. I've tried both routes. Omega AD shop, $1100+parts CAD, independent, $350 (no parts) CAD.

4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 29, 2015

From that scant description, I can offer only that the problem can either be easily fixed for a small amount of money, a major issue that will be very expensive to correct, or something in between.

lando likes this.
  5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 29, 2015

"Doctor! My leg hurts. How do I make it better?"

You just asked the horological equivalent.

6. mozambique Oct 29, 2015

Yes, it's the chrono seconds hand. I realise that ain't much info to go on. However, I was hoping that there might be some experience out there to give me an indication as to whether this is a case of a light head cold or major surgery..............now regarding my leg................

7. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Oct 29, 2015

Ha ha.

I am afraid it is a little lump ......could be a flea bite or could be melanoma.

My limited experience is that horological maladies often manifest with seemingly small symptoms.

My wife's Daytona Worked perfectly except the chronograph hand stopped at 58 seconds. Everything else was fine, and she never used the chrono.

But me the ADD idiot couldn't live with it and it's been three months a challenging parts hunt and $750.

I expect the OP problem will be solved by a service

Darlinboy likes this.
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 30, 2015

Seems like a rash of crystal balls out for calibration this week. ;)

Without more information, it's very difficult to answer this with any kind of certainty. It could be as easy as removing and resetting the hand properly, or it could be more involved. Details like if the hand resets consistently to the same spot or not would help, but I don't think anyone is going to be able to tell you with certainty what this will cost to fix.

Cheers, Al

9. tony72cutlass's' Oct 30, 2015

If it hasn't been serviced in the last 5 years, i say git-R done.

Both Omega watches I've acquired in the last year were not worn and sent for service as soon as i could afford it. Probably saved me a pile of problems in the end!

10. mozambique Oct 30, 2015

Thanks guys..............that's my monthly dubious question over and done with