Forums Latest Members
  1. Frederic_gva Apr 27, 2019

Dear all,

I've recently seen 2 variants of 3019 PHC rotors, one has 31 jewels - Swiss made and the other has thirty one unadjusted / 31 jewels - Swiss made. See below photos.

Engraving on the movement has also slight differences as well : 1st one has Zenith thirty one 31 jewels and the 2nd one has Swiss only

Does anyone know what is the difference ?

for early speedies, similar differences were noticed for US market for example, could it be the same ?

thanks for your input

20190209_112631_2.jpg IMG-20190426-WA0007_2.jpg
    Edited Apr 28, 2019
  2. chronoboy64 Apr 27, 2019

Hi Frederic,
    just to give this thread a go, I own three 3019 PHC (two A386, one G381), which all three have the fist configuration (rotor and chronobridge engravings) shown in your pics. I am not sure, wether the second watch pics show some service parts, what I would likely assume. In the Rössler book, all 3019 PHC are featured like the dirst watch above. But sorry. I am not an expert like @LouS on thid items.
    May be that the engraving on the "mother plate" with "C Swiss Made" is another issue, because earlier use to have a "A" or "B" marking.
    Very appreciated to get more imput from the "GURUs" on the subforums esp @LouS
    And one tip from me, please post PICs from the front of you questioable watches you stardted this thread, would attract much more members chime in an habe a great time for DISCUSSION:
    Besst Hajo

Frederic_gva likes this.
  3. Frederic_gva Apr 28, 2019

Thanks Hajo for your input

I did not even notice the letter next to swiss made... This is getting interesting!!!

Could that A3818 be part of a late batch ? Serial is 233E1xx

I may ask zenith also, as I know the employee from heritage department. I also hope @LouS can help

Thanks again

4. Frederic_gva May 1, 2019

I've talked to an old watchmaker who knows Zenith quite well
    3019 PHC was produced until 1975 when they decided to shut down the EP production. It started agian in 1984, Cal 400 was produced at that time.
    A 3019 is from the late 60s / early 70s in any case. Now several batches could have produced and delivered to specific geographic locations.

That C Swiss made is most probably a late batch. I'm still waiting for Zenith to come back to me

Adorjr, wristpirate and chronoboy64 like this.
  5. m neuman What, me worry? May 25, 2019

There is even a third variant which was for the american market with 17 jewels.

Andsan likes this.