Forums Latest Members
  1. François Pépin Jun 5, 2016

Hello,

Not exactly my first post but first questions! I would like first to thank every one for the quality of this forum! In the last past months, I have read many posts, learned a lot and enjoyed it!

I have bought (ebay) and serviced this classical cal. 267. It is gold plated. I think everything is original. But I cannot find informations concerning the reference. Nothing in Omega database and Naligazone. Not much more with a Google search.

Would you have any information ?

Thanks!

François

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. François Pépin Jun 5, 2016

Everything except the glass and the crown, which I changed.

Edited Jun 5, 2016
  3. ConElPueblo Jun 5, 2016

I would have thought this came with applied markers? I'm guessing it's a redial.

Here's my 2892:

IMG_0165.JPG

4. François Pépin Jun 5, 2016

Thank you for your answer.

You know these thinks much better than I do. But, actually, the photos could be misleading. The dial has more patina than on the pictures. Let's try to give you better ones :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, I have cleaned this dial a little bit, removing some of the old varnish - which had become yellow and dirty. Thus I think it is probably an original dial. Could be an old dedial? What do you guys think?

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 6, 2016

6. omegastar Jun 6, 2016

There is a problem here, I am no expert, but...
    This dial belongs to a 30t2, because the Omega logo is printed and not applied, thus pre-1948 and the wide second circle is also typical.
    On the other hand the mvt is 30t4 with no screws on the balance, the last generation of the 60's.

7. François Pépin Jun 6, 2016

Thanks for your answers!

i) Hum... you guys are making me have doubts about the dial! But I am still wondering...

ii) Omegastar, by 30t4 I guess you mean 268. On my picture, the movement even seems to have a flat breguet, thus to be a 269! My mistake: I should not have taken the pictures while the watch was working! But asking the question about the reference made me want to wear the watch... If this watch had a flat hairspring with no screws balance, for sure it would not have been a correct 267. (Anyway I would probably not have bought it because I like so much the classical 30 with breguet hairspring and screws).

Here are correct pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. TNTwatch Jun 6, 2016

The dial doesn't appear to be refinished, but both the dial and hands set seem to belong to up to a decade earlier than the case and movement.

9. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jun 6, 2016

Gold hands would not have been originally matched with a black printed dial.

TNTwatch and Dr No like this.
  10. Dr No Jun 7, 2016

Nor with a steel subsidiary seconds hand. Blued steel, possible, but not metallic as in this example.

TNTwatch likes this.
  11. François Pépin Jun 7, 2016

Thank you all for your help!

Yes, good points. Well, it seems that the hour and minute hand are replacement. So I have to get more information about this ref. Probably steel leaf hands?

Edited Jun 7, 2016
  12. François Pépin Jul 6, 2016

I was looking for original hands, but I have bought other caliber 30 watches and have to sell this one... Cannot keep them all, as you know!